Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Wish for spellcheck
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    4 days...............ooooooo I can smell the fried chicken from Publics
    finger lickin good and the first thing we have when we are there and by the time we come home we can almost fly ourselfs we eat so much of it!
    Karen

and her cheeky little monkey! Natbag's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    I couldn't find an AMM tote anywhere, until I looked in Scrapbook @ Tags N Stuff up E Vine St, on the 192. Already bought a tote that came with something similar by then though!
    Mrs Mac! We're always in Perkins for breakfast and Outback Steakhouse for tea - the one with the peanuts for appetisers and everyone just throws the shells on the floor
    Natalie x
    Member of Doodlin' Daisies team & Green Buttons house
    My Blog
    365 days

If only labradors came in pink...... mermaid's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    AC Moore stock the AMM totes. A little bit of a drive but WEEELLL worth it . IMO, they are waaay better than Joanns and Michaels these days. More unusual bits, like AMM, Around the Block, Lil Davies etc.

Also thoroughly recommend Scrapbook Extraordinaire but that is a bit of a way, approx 1 hours drive, but very near the Blue Springs State Park so a good excuse for a trip combined with a fun day out . SE also has a fab coffee shop with home made ice cream. What's not to like ?!
    "There is a fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'" - Dave Barry

Digey and I have a blog!!

View Gallery

I'm hoping to look for some of the out-of-town stores when I go next time in October, as there'll just be me and my mum (ie no ds and no teenage sister) so we can spend more time finding shops and having a good old shopping session
    Natalie x
    My Blog
    365 days

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Can anyone tell me where Tags n Stuff is please? I know the address but I couldn't find it last time is it near any large shops (thats how I find places!!)
    I am going in three weeks time and hope to find it this time.

Dedicated Scrapper Princessfiona's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaid
    AC Moore stock the AMM totes. A little bit of a drive but WEEELLL worth it . IMO, they are waaay better than Joanns and Michaels these days. More unusual bits, like AMM, Around the Block, Lil Davies etc.

!
    Going in October and having benn following thread and doing searches on the net.

I thought there was an AC Moore in Colonial Drive, which from the net isnt TOO far from Disney?? Am I wrong?
    Fiona

My BLOG

View Gallery

jaffacat, it is at 1305 East Vine Street, Kissimme.
    If you are travelling along the 192 towards the airport it is past the huge Staples and Salvation Army depot, then left and it's on the corner of Michigan Avenue. It's in a little corner row of shops with a little illuminated sign in the window.
    There's a website too - www.tags-n-stuff.com
    hth
    Would like to know if there's an AC Moore, and also check out the re-opened Scrapbook Boutique
    Natalie x
    My Blog
    365 days

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (37)
    I was planning on visiting Tags'n'stuff, but will go to AC Moores as well, now you've said it's good. Scrapbook Boutique is on my list too.

We went to Scrapbook Extraordinaire along with a few others on the way, in 2003. Then we went the other way the following year and went to Scrapbook Cottage, plus a few others. Purely in the name of research, obviously

Our favourite place to eat is Sweet Tomatoes. I love their salads. I also have to visit the Hard Rock cafe

If only labradors came in pink...... mermaid's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Quote Originally Posted by Princessfiona
    Going in October and having benn following thread and doing searches on the net.

I thought there was an AC Moore in Colonial Drive, which from the net isnt TOO far from Disney?? Am I wrong?
    Not too far, about 30 min drive, I think, but a bit of a long way if you don't have a car! Worth the trip though !!
    "There is a fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'" - Dave Barry

Digey and I have a blog!!

View Gallery

Thanks Natbag I can picture where it is now, as we went past the big Staples shop in February.

View Gallery

Oh we were there in February too, well I was there for a week and doing another week in October courtesy of my lovely mum and Virgin (having messed up both flights last time)
    Natalie x
    My Blog
    365 days

View Gallery

I went for 2 weeks in February, but the weather was really bad, hope its better this time around!!! I am only going for 9 days, travelling by myself this time and meeting my mum there. She has a Villa over there and likes shopping, so it will be nice going into the shops without DH or DS moaning.
    By the looks of it A C Moore is down State Road 50 there is also a big Micheals down there.

View Gallery

Snap jaffacat. My mum is going for two weeks with my gran and step-dad, she has a villa over there too. Then me and my step-brother are flying out for the second week of their stay and all coming back together.
    It will be great as my gran likes to stay in, the blokes will do their thing and so me and my mum can just go off shopping as much as we like. Hopefully we'll hire 2 cars between us again. And no younger sister or ds to look after this time (will miss ds though!)
    February was freezing wasn't it?! It wasn't too bad the first week my mum said, but we spent her birthday (Feb 16) in Disney World and I have never been so cold in my life!
    Natalie x
    My Blog
    365 days

View Gallery

We went the first two weeks of February we arrived on the night of the Tornados, then my mum got ill so we felt bad leaving her behind because she was looking forward to spending some time with us and then it rained alot. We ended up visiting 6 different shopping Malls. It was freezing. We went to the beach one day, because they said it would be nice and sunny and we sat there with our jumpers on!! You could tell we were British because we were the only ones on the beach. I normaly go over in November because the weather is always nice and warm but i thought I would try a different time of the year to visit. Needless to say I wont be going in February again. I just hope its sunny and hot in three weeks time.

View Gallery

My mum isn't going in February again either. She's always spent her birthday there and then a fortnight in OCtober, but now my youngest sister has left home she's going to go at Easter and in October instead so it's warmer.
    When we went in February my ds (just 2) was poorly and spent the whole week a bit miserable and not himself at all. He didn't enjoy it. Poor thing. I think the jet lag was too much as well.
    Natalie x
    My Blog
    365 days