Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    The new CR cuts up to 0.3mm thick cardstock just fine just like the older version, but the new model actually has a bit more cutting power behind it. They both can sometimes cut a bit thicker material if you have them cut round two or three times. For what most people want it does the job, and does it well. But it's not a heavy duty machine and doesn't claim to be - the specification will tell you what its capabilities are; if you want a cutter with a bit more oomph then you need to look at the Pro instead.

I think it's very important, whatever machine brand or model that you are looking at, to know what you want to do with it, and check through the specifications and any and all documentation, information, etc that you can lay your hands on, and talk to the suppliers if necessary, to see whether it matches your requirements. That way you'll get what you want and not be disappointed...

I bought my Robo with the knowledge that it wouldn't cut as thick or as big as I wanted - but it served me very well until the Pro (which does exactly what I want) was available - and affordable for me.

Rosemary

...and Thomas's Mom too! Jessicas Mom's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan55
    Ordered mine on Saturday cannot wait to have a play. This site looks so helpful I am sure I will find all the answers to any problems
    Jan
    I bought mine on Sunday, but am out all day tomorrow so have asked for it to arrive on Wednesday ... can't wait to get my hands on it!! I'm sure I will have loads of questions for everyone too!!

Alison
    x

Lucy & Christopher's Mum Heather's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    Quote Originally Posted by dozyrosy
    I think it's very important, whatever machine brand or model that you are looking at, to know what you want to do with it,
    I'd want to cut cardstock more thasn paper. So the CRII could cope with Bazill ets., but might require a couple of times to cut cleanly? (Does it always go over the exact same lines?)
    Heather

Red-Haired Girl Blog (updated Fri 20 Feb 2009)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I cut bazzill with no problem, to get it to cut twice you just copy and paste, and the paste will appear directly over the original
    Ramblings of a Robo Rebel

Forever Memories For You for all you Robo needs

[/FONT]3, That's the magic number. Yes it is, It's the magic number .

Dedicated Scrapper Angel Crafts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    For a limited time only we are offering a set of Autumn Leaves stamps and other goodies with each CR purchased

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    If you copy and paste CR puts the copy exactly over the first image so your lines are always spot on.
    I am using coated laser card at the moment - 200gr and for safety's sake do a double cut - comes off the mat cleanly each time and I'm up to box number 280 since mid march. Same blade as when I bought it in November - but am making my own carrier sheets.
    Love my little machine - he's sleeping now as I tired him out this afternoon!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (53)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel Crafts
    For a limited time only we are offering a set of Autumn Leaves stamps and other goodies with each CR purchased
    So excited , I just ordered mine from you! Damn the bank holiday weekend!
    RUTH

CJ's: NONE!
    SWAPS: MME Bakers Twine Swap!

Dedicated Scrapper Angel Crafts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Thanks Ruth, we will get it sent asap, along with your free gift

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (85)
    I have both the robo and cricut and wouldn't be without either of them, but the robo is the most important on a replacement scale and yes I would replace it if anything happened to it, without a doubt.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (53)
    WOOHOO!!!
    RUTH

CJ's: NONE!
    SWAPS: MME Bakers Twine Swap!