Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Poll Results: Craft robo II or Quickutz silhouette?????

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Craft robo II

20 71.43%
  • QK Silhouette

8 28.57%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper Gadget Monkey's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    Oh yeah, you can use the same cutting mats as long as you line them up carefully as the wheels on the silhouette are slightly further apart as US paper is measured slightly differently, but I use my CR mat with my silhouette no problem, the blades do not fit tho, tried that when I first got it.

Been Gone Long Time! The Scraplab's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Thanks Gadget Monkey, I think that you may have just made up my mind for me, I've been debating for sooooo long!

and her cheeky little monkey! Natbag's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    Thanks for that info - really handy to know
    Natalie x
    Member of Doodlin' Daisies team & Green Buttons house
    My Blog
    365 days

and her cheeky little monkey! Natbag's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    Just realised there is a poll on this thread. Although, of course there are more votes for the Robo, there are more Robo owners as the Silhouette is new
    Natalie x
    Member of Doodlin' Daisies team & Green Buttons house
    My Blog
    365 days

Cambridge in New Zealand (town of the trees)was Liverpool
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Thanks for the comments on this thread and for resurrecting it too.

I have decided to buy the silhouette (about time and after givining my DH a kicking) and are waiting for it to arrive (i used to get impatient waiting for stuff to arrive in the uk - now it takes for blinkin ever ).

I am sure i wouldnt be disppointed (i wouldnt of been with the CR neither).

SSF Team CJ 2008 target 52 los completed = 3 Mini books completed = 2

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (106)
    My Mum asked me the other day if the electronic machine I have is the Cricut or something different (she remembered me saying at Christmas I had one that I'd used to make her card). I actually have the CR.

She than came back to say she'd seen the QK machine, and was asking about the difference. I mentioned the higher costs of mats/blades, but that didn't seem to be a major issue to her.

Last night I saw mention on UKS of the difference in warranties, so passed on that information -- from her reply I think that may have swung her descision should she actually go for a machine other than the Cricut (she's not 100% sure she's getting one yet, but if she's asking the Qs I fully expect to see one at her house in the next couple of months )

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    I'd love to get one of the electronic cutting machines. The Cricut seems to work out expensive as you have to pay for all the cartridges!

Which would be the cheapest to go for? Mainly just want to cut out titles and basic images- not sure i can justify the expense!!

Also, just wanted to check, Do the Robo and the silhouette both cut any true type font on the computer or do you have to download special ones??
    Thanks!
    Jax
    *Simply CJ*
    Nettie's Newbies CJ
    Newbie Allsorts CJ

View Gallery

They'll cut any font you can download (free or paid for), but they can't do very fiddly/skinny ones in very small sizes.

The consumables seem to be cheaper for the CR than the QK, and it's also a case of 2 years warranty for the CR (if you register it on-line) against 3 months for the QK.

I have had the CR since just before they announced the QK one, but if I'd waited a while I think the above factors would still have convinced me to go teh CR route

Dedicated Scrapper ptcruiser999's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Looks like it gonna have to be a CR for me then!!!!! Now all i need to do is convince the DH that it will be money well spent........................
    i better get saving.
    Just one quick question - where is the best place to purchase a CR?

Sarah

View Gallery

A number of sponsors sell it, and Graphtec themselves are a sponsor.

Will PM you as to where mine came from too (non sponsor)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    ressurrecting this thread as there was a hint that a silhouette could be TSV tomorrow - then again it may not be!!!

However what are the opinions on those who bought one of these???

Cambridge in New Zealand (town of the trees)was Liverpool
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Just notice this had been resurrected.

As the original poster, i have had my silhouette for just under a year now and love it.

Granted I am not using it to its full potential and just havent got the time to teach myself (have tried). As there is no such thing as QK over here cant even ask anyone IRL

That's also a problem when getting spares, was going to order some new cutter (and other things like the vinyl) but the p&p over here worked out at £20 (that's 60 bucks to me EEK!!). Hey ho!

So just stick to cutting titles out hey i am happy with that (want to learn how to do shadows too), must admit although i have a QK card with some credit on, i havent had the need to purchase any designs from QK.
    SSF Team CJ 2008 target 52 los completed = 3 Mini books completed = 2

Dedicated Scrapper Gadget Monkey's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    I've had mine for over a year now too, I absolutely love it, more than my CR as I have been desperate a couple of times and bought some templates from them.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (89)
    Quote Originally Posted by jani d View Post
    Just notice this had been resurrected.

As the original poster, i have had my silhouette for just under a year now and love it.

Granted I am not using it to its full potential and just havent got the time to teach myself (have tried). As there is no such thing as QK over here cant even ask anyone IRL

That's also a problem when getting spares, was going to order some new cutter (and other things like the vinyl) but the p&p over here worked out at £20 (that's 60 bucks to me EEK!!). Hey ho!

So just stick to cutting titles out hey i am happy with that (want to learn how to do shadows too), must admit although i have a QK card with some credit on, i havent had the need to purchase any designs from QK.
    Jan you i fyou go to the qk website they have really easy tutorials now for doing welded words and all sorts. have you checked it out yet.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    I have downloaded the tutorials from here for doing welded words and mats in Inkscape. If I can follow then can't be too difficult, Jan!!
    Julie