Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I'll carry on with my stash diet, it has been quite successful so far my stash is slowly coming down to more manageable proportions.

1) continue with my mag subs (but as they are all paid for for 2007 that doesn't really count)

2) stash limit of £50 per month - but that is the absolute top and I'm expecting/hoping it to be much later. It should include the ScrapGoods kit and any extras I need - but I don't need anything at the moment.

3) No buying even for specific projects until I clear my desktop of the three sitting there (all Christmas ones and it shouldn't take long once I'm able to scrap again). And only replacing one specific project with another - i.e. not three or four

4) No swaps once I complete the ones I've joined unless I can do the swap from my stash or with minimal expense....

That should do for the moment - I might tweak these but they cover most incidents

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (46)
    you know I'd not considered carrying money over from one month to the next - it had never occurred to me I could spend less than £25

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I love doing that - saving up one month's so I can blow the whole thing later - at shows or on vacation. I'm going to the US in October so I'm planning on picking bits up there. If I skip my ScrapGoods kit I figure that money hangs around and is available somewhere else too <G>

Today is a gift - that's why it's called the present Jools's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (34)
    Well, I am definitely on board

Have way too much stuff and as I have been poorly again and missed yesterdays celebrations with the family I started sorting the craft room - always a mistake as I spend hours beating myself up for having so much stash!
    So, since this has appeared at just the right time again count me in please!
    Last one was very helpful, but think I will join the max spend per month brigade this time, with option to carry unspent (hahahahaha) portion over.
    Limit is £25 per month and I know JulieM will watch me like a hawk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bumpybecky
    you know I'd not considered carrying money over from one month to the next - it had never occurred to me I could spend less than £25
    It never occurred to me either I think i might try and spend as little as possible until March and then i can have a huge spree at Harrogate

View Gallery

Right I'm in. After spending out for months to get the basic's and a good stash base I now realise that I have sooo much stuff and I'll never have exatly what I need!

Anyway, I'm going to give myself a £5 a week budget to include crop costs(luckily paid up til March anyway!!!) and magazines and I'm going to save £5 a week so that I can spend it at Ally Pally in April (I think it's in April).

To help me do this I will not buy online and will only go to the local shop when I'm going to a crop. or will send my sister with a list of the neccessary items required! hence no browsing!!

good luck everyone!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (70)
    I'm back again too and keeping my rules nice and simple

1. Limit spending to £25 per month (can be carried over if there's anything left!)
    2. For any 1 new item I buy then I must use up at least 2 old ones (esp patterned paper)
    3. Only join swaps if I can use current stash - no new stash allowed!
    Swaps:
    CJ's:

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (46)
    I must have a think abpout swaps....

what helped me last time was that I hosted several swaps I found that packages of stash arriving from the swapees for me to open gave the same thrill as buying stash for myself online - but at no cost to me OK I didn't get to keep it all, but so often I buy stuff then squirrel it away anyway - so sending it back out to the swapees was very similar

AKA Julie, Joolz, Jules, Jools and Oi! scrap-happyuk's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (36)
    Can I join too please? I REALLY need to do this. My rules are simple:

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING UNTIL AWAY WITH THE FAIRIES IN APRIL.Simple

However, can I please come on here and reason with you girls if something really really important happens between now and April ie BasicGrey release new papers (that would just kill me )

SCRAPBOOKSISTERS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    MY BLOG

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    think i need to join in this time round......
    I want BADLY a nice new rolling crop bag.....so .....I will let mysef have a budget of $30 per month, to be saved through March to get my bag! (I already have $30 squirrelled away, so that should be plenty). So no spending until then unless it is a specififc sheet of cardstock to finish a LO - and then only if I have actually looked through allthe cardstock i currently own!
    After that i will review as i should have used up some of the mountains of stash that i currently own! x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Ok, I neeeed to do this! I'm fast disapearing under a wall of stash and have only done 1 LO in 6 months!

My rules.
    1. Only stash passed the front door is my Scrapagogo yellow pizza box, CK sub and For Keeps.
    2. For every single page LO I complete £1 will go in a jar towards new stash (so £2 for a dlo).
    3. To do 2 LOs a month with my Scrapagogo kit before splitting and storing and deffinatly before the following months arrives. (Just using Octobers now!)
    4. To do at least 1 dlo (2slo) a month with other pp, cs and embelis that have been sat here for 5 years (this can include Yorkie Girl Journal).
    5. To complete one LO/project inspired from each of said CK and For Keeps a month, it might make me actually read them!
    6. Only money spent other than 2 mags and Scrapagogo is crops (no more than 2 paid ones a month) where I must complete a lo and not just chat and eat biscuits.

So that's going to use some stash and give me at least £6 a month in a jar for stash!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    I think I need to join! Am currently tidying craft room and finding all sorts of stuff, and finding boxes of stash in various categories are now too full! It has got the point that I am spending more time buying stash (especially those "can't miss" bargains) than crafting!

1. Have just started one subscription kit, with basic bazzill cardstock plus extras. Continue this as this will give me useful basic stock, not just embellies!

2. Stop looking on the shopping section of the forum "just in case there are any good bargains"!

3. No buying (except perhaps for very small / specific items to finish a project) until a. considerably more projects / cards completed and b. stash has reduced significantly in size.

4. Exception is Great Northern Papercraft Extravaganza in March, where I expect I will have a bit of a blow-out!

5. Continue to sort stash properly; give away the stuff I really don't / won't use - Amanda Marriot has a thread on here asking for craft stuff to send to Africa, so I will send her a big box of stuff.

6. Another exception is I do need a couple more Really Useful Boxes to finish sorting papers etc. As this is not as exciting as real stash this will not seem like a treat spend.

7. Instead of lusting over stash on the internet and stroking the stuff I have, make a real effort to use my most gorgeous goodies!

8. Sort through the boxes of old photos to find pics that will inspire me

9. With all that to do I shouldn't have time to spend much at all!

Eileen

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen C

4. Exception is Great Northern Papercraft Extravaganza in March, where I expect I will have a bit of a blow-out!

Eileen
    Argh I forgot anout that! Will only have £12 in the jar by then... I need a rule 7 exception!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (43)
    Quote Originally Posted by hdingy
    2. For every single page LO I complete £1 will go in a jar towards new stash (so £2 for a dlo).
    !
    Now I like that idea would inspire me to make a LO and know that I was saving up to spend.
    As you like it cj posting 5/10 done
    Christmas mini book swap
    Christmas Chunky swap

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Quote Originally Posted by hdingy
    Oh what I great idea! I may try an do this myself too if you do not mind?

Viv