Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (46)

New Year - New Stash Diet!

Is anyone going to join me in a stash diet for 2007?

I found the stash diet thread last spring really helpful - with the support from the other UKSers on the wagon I managed to control my spending for 6 months since I stopped posting in the thread though, it's all gone a bit downhill!

So, new year, new stash diet!

For those that haven't joined in before, the rule is you make your own rules! For some of us that is no spending, for others a monthly budget, for others just to cut down a bit!

My rules are...

1. I will spent no more than £25 per month on stash, magazines, glue, everything!

2. If I make a present (paperbag book, exploding box, starbook etc etc) for someone I can spend an extra £5 that month on stash (as payment for using stuff up!)

anyone else want to join in?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (64)
    Yes please - I want to save up for a macro lens for my new DSLR and I had a big clear up of my stash today and found masses of stuff I'd forgotten all about, I really don't NEED any for a while.

Pip

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I CAN'T, I JUST CAN'T, MUST SPEND, what if a new collection of papers come out? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

View Gallery

well I'll still be spending just controlling my spending rather than just going out and buying everything!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (101)
    I'll join in...again Need to think up some rules though. I think I'll try a budget this time and £25 sounds good to me but I'll include my sewing purchases in that as well, hmm right...mumble mumble - here are my rules...

1. Maximum spend per month £25 on anything crafty at all inc. sewing bits.

2. I reserve the right to purchase stamps at will should there be some tasty releases after CHA
    Tree

The Treehouse
    SWAPS AND CJS LAST UPDATED 29/08/2010

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (64)
    Forgot about the rules

I'll go with £25 a month too with a review at the end of March.

Pip

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    ok joining in again my rules
    1. Buy nothing till after april (Mums taking me to Bruges and I need spending money)
    2. Use what I have dont just store and rearrange it
    Joanne, Scotland
    Likes and Dislikes My Blog

View Gallery

I'm good at storing and sorting too! cutting it up is MUCH harder

sticking stuff
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (57)
    well, i've been good and have already cancelled one of my kit subscriptions but i have chosen to keep one which is about £17 a month, so my rules are to keep that one and NO other spending on stash apart from my birthday in feb and QVC craft day!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (65)
    must admit doing the summer stash diet really helped me---so i'm in. i'll give myself £25 as that seems to be the going rate. also get lrs kit which i can't live without.
    rule 2 must be have a massive clearout and sell some stuff!

thansk, donna

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    OK I definetly need to go on a stash diet - not only cause I have to use some stash that I already have up and I want to save up for a cricut too. So I would like to join the stash diet please

Sooooo I think I will:

1. Stop buying mags as I never read them really and instead read some of those idea books I have bought and never fully read!

2. Not buy anything online - stash or otherwise. The only exception being photos. (stash may only be purchased from shops of sponsers )

3. Purchasing of stash may only be for a specific project and has to be used for that project before anything else is bought. (have too many things bought for specific projects ages ago yet I have still to start that project!)

4. Exception to rule 3 is if it is lettering - but only if it is black or white. (always seem to need more lettering )

5. Am allowed to spend a maximum of £20 on stash a month - this includes photos (and how many already developed do I still need to scrap! ) and crops and classes.

OK I think that is me about sorted. Am doing a little paper bag book this year of my "objectives" or "resoloutions" for 2007. The first time I have done something like that and no doubt going to be something really simple! But these stash diet rules are definetly going to be going in there too!

Thanks for letting us join.

Viv

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by bumpybecky
    I'm good at storing and sorting too! cutting it up is MUCH harder
    I've enlisted dd's assistance with this 'using up' thing...we're both going to do Yorkie Girl's 2007 journal.
    Tree

The Treehouse

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa
    I've enlisted dd's assistance with this 'using up' thing...we're both going to do Yorkie Girl's 2007 journal.
    Umm hate to be ignorant but what is Yorkie Girls 2007 journal?

TIA

Viv

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (106)
    Need to join in again, as one of my NY resolutions is to get money-wise. But there's still a couple of sales I'm waiting to see tomorrow, and I'm back to work on Friday (which is my first chance since August to visit a couple of craft shops!) -- so my stash diet won't start until next Monday

My monthly spend will vary from month to month, depending on a number of factors. I do (or should do!) out of hours on-call for work, but this can vary from 1 night a week to 4 nights and a Sunday depending on what everyone else has commitment wise at home!

So each pay-day (4 weekly) I'm going to move ALL the money needed for regular bills into my bill paying account, and do a 4-weekly shop for non-perishable groceries.

I then need to tuck away an estimate of money needed for perishable groceries until I next get paid.

Then I'm moving Christmas budget money into my cash ISA, and half of what's left into a 'rainy day' account.

I then need to deduct things like magazine subscriptions (which don't get paid every month), and anything left is mine to spend -- but this includes clothes, shoes, treats for GDs, visits to hairdressers (something I've promised myself as a regular treat this year for losing weight -- which I will do!). It will initially also include my fags, but I aim to be a non-smoker by then end of June..... I've found in the past that stopping suddenly (even with 'aids') doesn't work for me, but that I can cut down. So this time I'm just working on not letting them slip back up

I also want to find some local exercise classes of some sort which will have to come out of my spending money before stash, but unlikely to get that sorted until early Feb as it's being done via a Physiotherapy referral to get onto the scheme -- even though I still have to pay! The local swimming pool also has one 'adults only' session a week I can get to, so that's another lump of cash to come out of it first. And I want to see if the local dance studio does anything interesting for adults in an evening.....

And then I have 2 crops I try to get to -- one monthly and one bi-monthly -- so more money there before I can start shopping. Must train myself to take only the cash I have left to these though, so there's no temptation to write cheques for the sponsors who have stalls there

Hmmmmm...... just hoping I actually have some money left for stash

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by hsanders
    Umm hate to be ignorant but what is Yorkie Girls 2007 journal?

TIA

Viv

The thread is in Inspiration and challenges forum - it's a monthly journal for 2007 link below...

http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...141786&page=20
    Tree

The Treehouse