Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (97)

90th birthday invitations- ideas please?

I've just been out with my mil and she wants 20 invitations for her mothers 90th birthday in January. She has seen a photo of her mum dressed as a fairy and would like to incorporate that.

Can anyone give me any design tips- and maybe somewhere that would print a template for an invitation insert.

I thought maybe the photo printed and mounted on the front, with maybe a ribbon bow trim helping to hold the insert in place and maybe just the words invitation and a 90 on the front.

Does anyone know where we could maybe buy some 90 embellishments or something to help us out. I think I could offer to make 20 invitations for her- but as 'grandma' is a little bit posh (!)- I need help designing something tasteful - but fairly simple for me to manage! If we can get hold of the photo- I imagine we can get it scanned and printed off.

I offered to do a scrapbook- but she said that Grandma wouldn't release any photos!!!!!!!!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    Hi Kim - I love the idea of the special photo and your description of your basic design sounds just fine. I haven't seen any 90 embellishments, but perhaps try Partyland or somewhere similar? I know I have seen birthday cake type embellishments in there for various ages. Other than that, why not make your own, using a cut-out 90 and mounted on pretty card. As regards the inserts, depending on the size of your cards, it should be fairly easy to design your own using Word if you have it, if not, PM me with the details and I will have a go for you.
    Lyn

Newbie Scrapper and Daring Cardmaker
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Could you print the 90 directly onto the card? That way the photo and ribbons (which sound fab) will be the main eyecatcher. Quicker too

Have you decided what size card to use, I have templates for most of the standard ones I could email you if thats any help, both for printing on the front and inserts

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (97)
    Thanks for the tip- I'll speak to my MIL and see if she has managed to source the photo yet! I think 'Grandma' is as bad as me at letting photos out of her sight!

I will try printing the 90 directly onto the card- we've just had to replace both inks, so should be fine!