Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: Help Please Now

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Help Please Now

Hi i just made my machine scream!!!
    Have used a4 up to now all ok, want to cut postcard size it's cutting my mat !!!! have designed within area but do i need to set this to a different size??

worried

Please take my credit card away!!!!!! Tosca's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Might have just been a glitch. It should be fine as it cuts where the image is on screen.

Make sure that you have unchecked the trace box in the cutting window .
    LORRAINE

I'm not a complete idiot.......some pieces are missing!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Did you change the document settings... if the one you want isnt there you can set up a user defined one

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I never bother changing the page size - if I'm careful with where I put my design Robo isn't going to know what size paper I have on my carrier sheet - he's just going to cut the shape. I use landscape mode and place my design in the bottom left hand corner that way I know that my piece of card which has to be slightly bigger than my design has to go on the carrier sheet in the top left hand corner as I feed it into the machine. I make sure trackenhancing is turned off and Robo just does his thing and cuts the shape.
    Susibi

Please take my credit card away!!!!!! Tosca's Avatar
    View Gallery

When I said trace, I meant the tracking. Doh!!!!!
    LORRAINE

I'm not a complete idiot.......some pieces are missing!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (85)
    I use landscape mode and place my design in the bottom left hand corner that way I know that my piece of card which has to be slightly bigger than my design has to go on the carrier sheet in the top left hand corner as I feed it into the machine.
    I also cut landscape but my design is in the top left hand corner of the screen and cuts in the top left hand corner of the carrier sheet. I never have a problem cutting scraps.

Owner of Janome MC9900 & Brother ScanNCut
    View Gallery

i posted about this yesterday to a reply about smaller paper size. (off cuts think it was called)
    i work in landscape place my image bottom left on screen just within the thin black line thats within the red cutting line.

i lay my c/s on my desk in ladscape and place my paper/card again bottom left then i load into the robo and it cuts fine are you sure your paper was bigger than your image?

if you draw a bow around your image the width and height will show on the bottom of your screen you can then measure your paper and make sure its bigger

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Well finally sorted it god scary!! kept doing it zooming the paper through i had set it all but had to set custom paper size? does that makes sense?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

To stop it going backwards and forwards go into your control panel ( where the pix of your blade caps are) and untick the track enhancing button.
    Susibi