Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cards

Monica Dedicated Crafter
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Cards

What is it with this site!!!!!O.k..it's UK Scrappers!!!!But!!!Whats Your problem with leaving feedback for "Allsorts"< Cardmakers, Etc.......Come On...Be Fair...Give us a Chance..& A Bit of Encouragement..Not A Lot To Ask For...After All We are still crafters At The End Of The Day who deserve a comment at the very least....So Come On And Be Fair...Thanks For Looking.....Monica xx
    Last edited by mpjq7777; 04-08-2007 at 07:50 PM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (76)
    Hi Monica

In all fairness, this weekend is probably not the best time to upload your work and expect comments as there is a Cybercrop on and most people will be too busy doing classes for that to check the gallery.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    and even scrap LOs don't always get comments posted on them.... it's nothing personal!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    The card section is relatively new to UKS, and while a lot of crafters drift between one type of papercraft to another, you need to remember that the core interest for this site is scrapping.

However, I understand your concerns regarding lack of feed-back. Not so long ago Kirsty brought the same thing to our attention regarding feedback for layouts, so it isn't that cards are being ignored, but more of an education issue.

I also agree with Jo, that perhaps this weekend is maybe not the wisest time to air this issue, with everybody so pre-occupied with the cyber crop.

Hopefully anybody reading your post will be nudged into making comments in the future.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    besides...you've only been here like a month! Or less.....give it time....

Monica Dedicated Crafter
    View Gallery

Hi All...
    I am Not Asking for comments for myself personally...I realy do appreciate what you are saying, but looking through cardmaking in general..It does appear to be lacking in "Encouragement"""...!!!Thanks for your reply's ...And Please Do Not Leave Any Comment For My Gallery Out Of Pity...Monica xx

View Gallery

maybe you should leave a few comments for people and get the ball rolling then

Might be a good idea to start a similar thread to the praise-a-thon for the card section too....

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Why not register on Docrafts,there is far more interest in cards on there-and I agree that this last week/this weekend are not the timne to have cards commeneted on.

I have things in my gallery with no comment-so what?
    Life is 10% what happens to you,and 90% how you react to it.

Smile and the world smiles with you, cry and you cry alone. lruk's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue Bradley
    I have things in my gallery with no comment-so what?
    Hear! Hear! This site is not about patting each other on the back just for the sake of it, it is so much more than that.

As with any other forum, people comment on what they like when they see it and that's how it should be.

I personally don't understand why it is an issue, I certainly don't post my work just for the comments, I do it to (hopefully) give back something to those around me who inspired me to give it a go. I try and post comments regularly because it is nice to receive them, but I certainly don't expect them.
    Linda

Monica Dedicated Crafter
    View Gallery

Monica

Ouch!!!Ouch!!!Ouch!!!Yes I am new to this site...And Yes I Do Belong To DoCrafts Site Also...(Which is a close knit Family Site...Which One Of Our Members Is Realy Going Through It With Her Daughter....Breast Cancer Free For 5 Years and Now 7 Years On it's Worse Than Ever...We Are All Supporting Her Through Her Last Hours With Her Beautiful Daughter)...Which Reading From Your Replys.....You Would All Do The Same.....And I Am Big & Ugly Enough To Hold My Hands Up And Apologise When Required...Which I Do...Profusely.....But!!!! In All Fairness..I Was Not Aware That The Card Section Was Relatively New!!!!..I would also like to reiterate..Please..Please...Pleaae...DO NOT LEAVE ME ANY FEEDBACK WHATSOEVER..(Under No Circumstances Do I Want It Or Deserve It) For What You All Very Strongly "Guard" Your Scrapping Site...sincerely...Monica xx ....I Realy Do Understand Where You Are Coming From....Oh No!!!! I Have Just Received Yet Another Guard Dog From This Site..Do I realy Have To Read It...O.K. I Will..And Please...Please...Please...Forgive Me For My Lack Of Knowledge of This Site....Please???? xx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I only found out today that there is a card gallery..
    Karen

On me hols till Friday :) wssla00's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (47)
    Whats a guard dog???

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wssla00
    Whats a guard dog???
    god knows...

View Gallery

I think maybe someone PM'd or left a comment on this thread, thats the "Guard Dog", maybe I'm wrong (I often am ) to be honest, i never even think about looking at the cards, I know I should as there are some great ones but I tend to just look at the LO's in the gallery and I often click on someones camera icon if I see a comment by them or something. Of course we all love getting positive feedback but thats not why we do it.....is it?!

ETA: If you'd all like to toddle along to my gallery & leave a plethora of commentitude i'd be eternally grateful

Monica Dedicated Crafter
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by M_A_A_B
    maybe you should leave a few comments for people and get the ball rolling then

Might be a good idea to start a similar thread to the praise-a-thon for the card section too....
    Hi.....Yes I agree that I have only been on this site for a month........but I have also looked at the majority of uploads and left Positive remarks where (In my very humble opinion) deserving...credit where credit is due!!!!That's my motto!!! sincerely Monica xx