Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Make your own carrier sheet!

Hi,
    I bought my Robo last May. It was a difficult decision because I didn`t understood the price for the carrier sheets and was afraid about the following cost. So I found my own solution to create my own carrier sheets. The price per sheet is less than 1 $ provided that you have the following equipment:

- hot laminator and Laminating pouches (I use them from "fellowes". It does not works with the cold laminating filmes from Xyron!!!)
    - cardstock or other thick paper
    - Xyron Creative Station with reversible Sticker Cardridge

and now:

- hot laminate the paper and then laminate it with the xyron. Stick some paper strips to the boder...ready ist the carrier sheet. With a little bit effort and skill you can also create long carriersheets.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Although this is an old thread, for newbie like me, it is still very relevant. Thankyou for this advice. I shall try it.
    Rosy Dustbins

Thank you for this advice. It`s a good idea.

Hev, not a complete lunatic, but getting there! Mystery Woman's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    Not sure what xyron cartridge you mean. Could I just use the repositionable one?

June points 0 SLO, 0 DLO, 0 Weekly Challenge, 6 Cards = 30 points

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Question

You wrote:
    then laminate it with the xyron.

Is this to make it sticky? Since I don't have a xyron, do you think I could just use that ind of glue that doesn't stay glued for long? I don't know what it is called in English.

Thanks

Hanna in Sweden

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Anyone got any idea if Staples will do one off laminating for you to save me buying a laminator - Ive just bought a robo off a friend and haven't even had the chance to see if it suits me as ive no carrier sheet!!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Don't know about Staples as I don't live in UK - I found a cheapy laminator which does A4 size so have worked out it was cheaper even including the cost of the laminator as my CR really gets a hammering and I go through a lot of carrier sheets. Every so often buy CR ones if I have a special project.
    I laminate a piece of 160 grm A4 card then use a respositionable stencil glue I found in my local hardware store.
    Works a treat. Every so often i use acetone or glue remover, or just a vigorous scrub with a baby wipe and then respray.
    Susibi

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Only really want to make one for the time being to see if A the Robo works and B if I can use it lol!! If I end up keeping then I'd def invest in a laminator me thinks!

View Gallery

often little stand along stationery shops will offer a laminating service rather than the big stores
    Ramblings of a Robo Rebel

Forever Memories For You for all you Robo needs

[/FONT]3, That's the magic number. Yes it is, It's the magic number .

View Gallery

a lot of the Paper shops do laminating whatever amount of sheets you want I also had one done once in library. ask there too also photo shops
    regards Myra

View Gallery

I think Staples will do one off laminating for you, all you have to do is phone and ask before you traipse down there. As an alternative you could buy a pack of 10 or 20 laminating sheets from your local Pound shop or Netto and then just place your card in the pouch, get the iron and ironing board out, cover the card with a teatowel and iron over it, just checking to see if it had adhered ok, if not just iron over again, simple, cheap and effective.

View Gallery

I found putting your laminating sheet between tin foil works better when ironing it rather than a T-Towel
    Ramblings of a Robo Rebel

Forever Memories For You for all you Robo needs

[/FONT]3, That's the magic number. Yes it is, It's the magic number .

Kutter Krazy
    View Gallery

i actually brought some self laminating pouches..dont need a machine or an iron..tho i have moved on from that method now and actually use quilters stencil plastic..i love it, much sturdier. just cut to size...I now also spray adhesive on the cardstock rather than the mat so that my rollers dont end up sticky too

cheers :0)
    GINNY

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain....
    http://my5bratzcreations.blogspot.com/