Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Witch Daisy Lovegoods is Hyperscraps Dedicated Elsonbabe's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    I have also spent an hour reading through...fourth time...when I should have been doing card making as punishement from CC....refused to do the treasure hunt...

These cards are brill...love too many to mention...but have been printing a few off...and sssoooo love that marble idea...but my camera wont do macro since I dropped it.....will keep that in mind though....

Thanks to all....
    wish my brain would retain the information given...Joy's Blog
    ...Getting back into the swing of things...

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    wow ladies - just found this thread. There are some gorgeous cards on here.

I have done my plain cards so far for friends ( holly stamp, twinkling h20's and red stickles ) and still to do my cards for family - will post piccies when my Autumn leaves stamp arrives for the family cards )

Owner of Janome MC9900 & Brother ScanNCut
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)

Popout Christmas Card

I made a template today for a popout greeting on my craftrobo so made a simple card and put it in my gallery, its simple matting and layering on the outside and then the popout greeting inside but that wasnt easy to photograph, but as its christmas thought i would add it onto this thread as well.

some fantastic cards ive been looking at well done everyone
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I'm so behind with Christmas cards this year I've decided to continue making them throughout next year!

Here's a couple more I've done!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Owner of Janome MC9900 & Brother ScanNCut
    View Gallery

lumpyfoo they are both great. well done

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (30)
    Quote Originally Posted by stressed
    I made a template today for a popout greeting on my craftrobo so made a simple card and put it in my gallery, its simple matting and layering on the outside and then the popout greeting inside but that wasnt easy to photograph, but as its christmas thought i would add it onto this thread as well.

some fantastic cards ive been looking at well done everyone
    Gorgeous card and fab idea! Love the Pop out words - suppose you could make it anything, name of a child or happy birthday! What a cool idea.

Janice

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

ha ha

wow, there are some lovely cards on here!

I haven't managed to upload any yet (!) but I've made some great ones with the free kit that comes with Let's Make Cards magazine. It's been the first year when I've not been stuck for ideas, I made 17 last night and can't wait to get cracking again after work!!

Has anyone else used the kit? I'm pretty impressed as I've even managed to get my sister (an anti-crafter!) into card making - now I just need to get her scrapping!! LOL

Dedicated Scrapper Gadget Monkey's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)

Great Cards

These cards are really great, and a real inspiration, I started card making about a year ago, but never know what to do with the inside of cards, trying to decide takes as much time as the front of the card does. What do other peeps do with the insides, inserts? Writing? Stamps? can someone post me pics of the insides of their cards to help.
    Thanks very much, and keep up with the cards, an inspiration to us all...

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (30)
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaLloyd
    These cards are really great, and a real inspiration, I started card making about a year ago, but never know what to do with the inside of cards, trying to decide takes as much time as the front of the card does. What do other peeps do with the insides, inserts? Writing? Stamps? can someone post me pics of the insides of their cards to help.
    Thanks very much, and keep up with the cards, an inspiration to us all...
    I am probably a bit lazy, but I usually cut a piece of matching card with fancy scissors, or tear it - and then stick it in and write my greeting
    Janice

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I'll include an insert whenever possible, even it if it's just a plain white paper, printed off the computer, one. I did once say that I felt sending a card without an insert was like sending it out undressed - without its knickers ! I feel it gives the card a properly finished and more professional look, and if it's a dark card, also provides somewhere to write a message for the recipient.

I like to add an insert that tones, and often use coloured pastel paper, add a little matching printed or stamped image, cut a deckle or scalloped edge, use a punch on the edge or corners - but NOT all of them all at once!

One of the nicest cards I received this year was fairly plain on the outside - it was just handmade paper with a few petals in it, but inside there was an insert with a lovely pressed rose and some little rose petal confetti. A really pleasant surprise when I opened it up.

Rosemary

P.S. Linda you asked for examples: here's one that's simple but effective that I did as an insert for a flowery card made on "shadow" card - I used pink marbled paper for the insert and printed text in rose pink to match the card colour, and used a punch on the corners, so the colour showed through.
    Last edited by dozyrosy; 09-12-2006 at 02:42 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper Gadget Monkey's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    thanks for your replies, the "parchment" paper with the punched corners looks really good, but is really easy to make. I have loads of punches, and hardly every use them including corner ones, so now I know what to use there will be no stopping me. In future my cards will go out, knickers and all.
    Thanks very much for your help.

Linda

View Gallery

Only just found this thread. Still - lots of great ideas for next year! I always use one design each year which I do for everyone. Find I get through lots more that way. I also always send out my cards wearing their knickers!! I trim my card inserts with my Rotatrim Edgemaster usually using the deckle edge. (It's a cross between a trimmer and fancy edge scissors - with about 11 different edges. Cuts in seconds - straight every time!) As I started my crafting life as a cardmaker, it's the one tools I just couldn't do without. Was worth every penny.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (55)
    Some family & friends Christmas cards

Dawn

In Central Park, New York Aug 2005 Yasmin's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (34)
    ohh love those cards Dawn - esp like the die cut & the personalisation on the front of the card.