Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Studio/SVG Templates > Miscellaneous

Notices

Thread: Miscellaneous

Threaded View

Karen
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Ribbon Reel

I like most of my ribbon to be on reels - mainly because I can't be bothered to get out the hair straighteners whenever I want to use a bit. I found the empty reels really hard to get hold of, as the sort my nearest haberdashery was willing to let me have when they were empty were always far too big.
    I decided to start making my own & as a few friends have asked me to make some for them as well, I thought I'd share the template on here in case anyone wanted to make use of it.
    I've found through trial & error that acetate works best as the central spindle to wrap the ribbon around - it holds its shape much better than card.
    I've addded 1 file with all of the pieces on it, but when I use it I have them on 3 separate pages: 1 for acetate centres, 1 for circle & 1 for optional outer smaller hole circle (which neatens things up), that way I can use a whole sheet at a time.
    In the 1st picture I've used card for the "teeth" folding to show what I mean, as the acetate didn't show up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files