Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)

Has anyone seen "Journey Continues" DVD by Mr Holtz

if so, what does he do with the dichro glass?

Kym

Sprinkle a little happiness wherever you go Hils's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Hi Kym
    I've seen it Quite a bit to describe, but in short:
    Colour your clear UTEE with alcohol inks. You only need a little bit, and you have to mix a few drops of ink with the utee powder (ie in its cool format!) and mix till it no longer clumps together.
    Pop your (empty) melting pot on, and when its hot put a bit of sea glass in there.
    Memory fades a bit here (only watched it once so far), but basically you need to put on the glass little bits of craft foil/iridescent cellophane, your alcohol inked utee and metallic embossing powders to get the look you're after. Can't quite remember in what order these go in tho.... sorry - bet someone else'll know
    Hils

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    Dunno not seen it yet....waiting for my dvds to arrive

View Gallery

ok thank you, the reason I asked is because one of customers asked us to stock the tumbled glass - and we now manufacture it (it's called Nebbia di Mare on our site) and as I haven't seen the 2nd DVD I was unsure what he was acutally doing a la Timmy.

Sounds interesting, I will be unearthing my melt pot to have a go - seeing that we now have the glass in abundance. Really need to get the DVD, gonna see if it's at Ally Pally - I have all the glass just need to get to grips with the technique.

Thanks for your help girls.

Kym

Sprinkle a little happiness wherever you go Hils's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Ah - you just answered a question for me Kym cos I was going to ask where you could get the glass from!
    Just re-watched this section of the dvd - here are the proper instructions!First of all, you need to level your melt pot - take the lid and place the point bit under the back of the melt pot - this makes the pan inside level so everything stays in place and doesn't just slide off
    Heat up empty melt pot.
    Put piece of glass in it, and cover it with either clear or black utee (depending on what sort of look you are going for).
    Get some craft foil, and put it coloured side down (ie boring side up!) on your heat-resistant craft sheet (starting to sound like Tim now )
    Take the glass out of the pot (using a spatula type tool and def not your fingers ) and put it utee side down on the foil tape. Let it cool.
    Peel the glass off the foil, and of course the lovely pretty foil pattern will be left on the glass
    Put the glass back in the melting pot (foil side facing upwards) and add powders - perhaps some metallic ones, maybe some irridescent ones, whatever you like, plus some of the alcohol-inked ones (see above). Let them melt. Then you can put some irridescent cellophane, in little bits on top if you like, tho it still looks great without it. Then cover the whole lot with clear UTEE, let it melt take your glass out and let it cool for a good while (about 15 mins). NB - the foil might crack under the heat, but that's fine. Also the UTEE will prob slide off the sides when heating, but that's fine too
    That's it!
    Hils

View Gallery

Whoooo Hils, thanks for that, very impressed with your instructions. Maybe we should launch a craft show.

Can't wait to have a go.

Sounds like I'm really missing out on the DVD, I loved the other one. I soo love Sir Tim.

Here's the link:
    http://www.stampgalaxy.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=93

Kym