Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)

Ellison Thin Cuts/ Sizzlits

I am really frugal so I only use small bits of card to fit the shape or just the bit of the die I want in a certain colour, e.g. wings of the Fairy die in vellum, then another bit of glitter card for the dress etc.

But I have noticed that this really marks and messes up the spongy bit of the die, and the cutting blade on the well used dies are beginning to show through more.

Does it matter whether the spongy bit is marked/damaged or should I only be cutting whole pieces of card? (Although this is such a waste of card!) Help!!

(Don't have this problem with Quickutz....)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    My sponge bits get well battered when im ctting different things out...I just do a cut in normal card and its usually fine after that.

I must not buy stash, I must not buy stash!! Charly's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    I can't answer your question about the marks sorry!

but i also found it wastes a lot of card esp. with the alphabets as that is mainly what i use mine for so i have a pot full of scrap paper cut to fit each letter i then cut the card i want to fit as well place then die on cutting plate and then put the card over the letters i want and scrap paper over those i don't then make the sandwich and put it through as normal so basically everything is still covered but your not wasting card on the bits you don't want

its saves a lot of card and if you are using thick card you can always use scrap card to keep the thickness of each bit the same i hope that makes sense!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I guess I have been giving my dies some intensive use lately...I think the marks are permanent, don't think they will 'bounce' back now! The glitter card is worse for making the deep marks.

When I make my sandwich, I put a bit of card over the shape only, then I put 2 layers of scrap paper over the whole die, not to fill the gaps but rather to stop the marks on the cutting pad of my Big Shot 'embossing' onto the card I am cutting! Which is such an annoying thing...but that's another story!