Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)

MIL is off to Florida!!!!

And I have asked her to get me some stash if I give her some money. She has said yes but the only problem is she has no idea about scrapbooking. She is into cross stitch and last time they were over there she found a shop called Michael's which sells all sorts of craft. How can I point her in the right direction? Has anyone heard of or been to Michaels? Is it any good?
    weight loss since 21.01.09 23lbs

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    ooooh they have a website hun and if you MIL gets the local paper she will get you 40% off an item.... Michaels

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (35)
    Michaels is good especially for Sissix. There isn't a coupon every week however. I would start by deciding what you want as it may be easier to order it and have it delivered to MIL.

Sue

Wish for spellcheck
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    I would agree with Sue, you do the shopping online and have MIL pick it up or have it delivered to her hotel/villa.
    Michaels is big, she will find one at the top on International drive, there are others, but that is the easy one to find.
    Or go on the web site make out a list and ask her to give it to the shop assistant, that way you get what you want.
    If you just give here money the odds are she will come back with things you did not want!

Lucky you what will you ask for?
    Karen

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    Think I might order it and get her to pick it up or print off picutres of what I want. Have been on there site but cant get any prices, need to be in the states to log in
    weight loss since 21.01.09 23lbs

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    If you like ribbon & twill then Michaels is the place to go. I came back in February with 61 different types ranging from 99 cents to $2.99 a reel - some had only 1M (printed twill with family & tape measure etc.) other ribbons (dotty, chiffon, checked and plain) had 5+ yards to a reel. They have a wide choice. I took every one off the cardboard so I could fit more in my case!!

Nice bunches of flowers too which could be taken apart and used as blossoms.

I went to a scrapbook store at The Terrace at Florida Mall called The Scrapbook Boutique and I loved it. They had a great selection of matching papers, stickers etc., die cuts, oh everything... I spent a fortune in it. We went on a Wednesday just as a crop was abou to begin. Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies were fresh from the oven - how delicious were they - just couldn't say no.

I was disappointed in JoAnns but still managed to spend money in it. Walmart has a good selection of general scrapbooking items too.

Hope you get something nice!

Jules

So much stash - so little room.............. katie squirrel's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (108)
    how about ordering beforehand and getting the stash delivered to MIL hotel for you?? I went to new york last year, and ordered online and had it delivered to hotel for me - it was waiting for me when I got there.... then you get exactly what you want - and she could also pick you up a couple of surprises frommichaels
    Katie x
    Scrapping Challenge 2010: 52 LO and cards, 12 weekly challenges, complete UFO's
    Swaps: Fluv's recipe swap
    CJ: Jerseyscraps All My Own Photos CJ

2010 Progress: 16/52 LO 32/52 cards - 0/12 weekly challenges - 0 UFO's 25/4

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (41)
    she could always take me with her, i will help her find your stuff

i would go for either printing out a list of things you want and get her to give it to an assistant or order it to be delivered to her hotel.

beyond help...so don't even try eaton0171's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get on thier website hun......copy down item numbers and give her a list to take to one of the assistants...they will go and get everything on the list....get her to pick up a local paper from any of the supermarkets or gas stations...there are always coupns in it lol

also look on joann's......they have some lovely stuff...nearly had to rob a bank to pay my overdraft when we got back lol

love niamh
    NIAMH