Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: Cut Area

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)

Cut Area

Does anyone know if the cut area can be extended? Some of the templates I have are a little bit bigger than the default cut area and it would be a shame not to use them.

Is it possible that the cut area can be the same as the print area? TIA

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I think you are bound by the size of the carrier sheet in width but I think I read somewhere that you can cut lengthways - I know that another site has carrier sheets available for a banner type cut, other wise I think you'll just have to size down the image- sorry to be so vague!!
    Susibi

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi Lucylogic

Looking at the carrier sheet you can't cut any wider than it is now, but if you buy the bigger carrer sheets you can cut longer.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi LucyLogic

I think you dont need the larger carrier sheet if what you are cutting already has a backing, like the vinyl they use for signmaking. I think you can cut this upto 1000mm long.

I was thinking of using it for making a sign and then sticking the lettering to a piece of wood

fran

View Gallery

Hi girls, thanks for the messages but I don't require anything longer than A4, however I do need to cut up to A4 size but according to the pink cut lines on the screen this doesn't look possible as I can't find anywhere to change the cutting area. If this is the case then you are losing around 3 inches in width and about the same in length which doesn't make sense to me. I know if you do print and cut then you have to use the area that is stated so the magic eye can see where the registration marks are, but if you are not using print and cut then surely you can use up to the printed area outline to cut, IYSWIM, any help greatly appreciated.

View Gallery

You might be able to do it by using a custom size for your media, if you know exactly the size of the margins, add it to the A4 size, but then you would need a bigger carrier sheet. I can see it in my mind, but I am finding it hard to put on paper.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"