Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digital Camera?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    i have a samsung one but i've had it for ages and as much as i love it, i think it's a beginner camera -if that makes sense, i am planning on getting a better one and selling my samsung to my mum who really wants a digital camera, like i said i love my samsung but i would like one with more megapixels because i like going mountain climbing and want better photos

Team Leader of the ScrappyDappyDoos!! egratsia's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Quote Originally Posted by chudleigh
    I have the kodak z740 and I love it it has 10xzoom optical and 5x digital it has 6 MP . the functions are really east to operate. the only thing is its quite big. But the pics are lovely and I enjoy using it , val I would go for acybershot If I had the money again , something I could keep in my pocket !!!!
    I just bought this same digital camera and it's brilliant ... my first one was a Canon A300 with no zoom and at 3.1 ... so this is quite an improvement and I'm loving it ...

Another thing to ask about when looking for a digital camera is the cost of memory cards ... I've heard the Olympus ones are more expensive ... and to check out what batteries it uses ... rechargeables? Etc ....
    Eleni - [Press my name to get to my blog]

Only an aunt can give hugs like a mother, can keep secrets like a sister and share love like a friend. !

Dedicated Scrapper Scrappy~Sarah's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    WOW - thanks guys, such a lot of info! Will read up on the other cameras mentioned (might need to consider stretching the budget! - there was I thinking I might have leftover to spend on stash! lol)

Sarah

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Another vote for the Fuji s5600. I have only had mine for a few weeks but couldn't be without it now. I had a simple point and shoot before but this new one is amazing. The shots are brilliant and the colours too. Have a look at

http://www.fuji-forum.co.uk/

They have loads of help there and you can see the type of pictures that the camera takes. I couldn't recommend them enough.

Happy Scrapper - Professional Thread Killer lesleyuk's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I have got the Fuji S5600 and its great - great for snapping but also has loads of other settings (which I am gradually getting to grips with).

Handbag, shoe and choco - holic! Bluemoonjules's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    I have a Canon IXUS 55 which is teeny tiny (that's what I wanted, a very small camera) but produces lovely photos. It also has a big viewing screen and a viewfinder (which many of the super compacts don't have). Also you can set it to a continuous shot setting so you can snap away one after another, and the video recording time is only limited by the size of the memory card.
    - 6.25% Welsh -

My goal in life is to be the person my dog thinks I am. Snowball's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I love my Cannon!! I've got the Powershot A75 and would seriously look at buying one of the more up to date ones if I were buying now. It's an ugly beast, but is sooooo comfortable to hold and easy to use, but it does have manual settings if you want them. Mine only has a 3x optical zoom though which is the ionly disappointing thing about it, I don't know what the newer models have. Don't know what the digital zoom is, I never use it as it's a waste of time! Better off cropping the shot afterwards. It uses AA batteries which means that you can use rechargables if you want, but if you are out and suddenly need some you can nip into a shop and get normal ones. Great if you're camping and have nowhere to plug in rechargeables. The shutter lag (delay between pressing the button and the shutter releasing) isn't too bad if you use the half-press option to freeze the focus before you take the pic. It's not great for action shots because of the lag, but I believe that's a feature of most compact digi camera's. I've had a couple of decent action shots but not many. Some examples of what I've got with it:

mmm do I study or Scrap this weekend? nickibee's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    joy of joys We had a bit of a lottery win and I got to order a brand spanking new Fuji S5600! It should arrive tomorrow so i will report back then

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Fuji gets my vote

Just got a Fuji F10 for £160. Only taken a few pics so far but a nice camera and can't wait to try the easy 'modes' as I always get confused which setting to use in different light, indoor v. outdoor etc. I last had a digi Fugi camera about 6 years ago which wasn't even 1 mega pixal - yet that came out well on photo paper and have used quite few printout for scrapping.

My problem is my Lexmark printer which seems to add red tones to a totally balanced picture. I am thinking of using digital to real print services and get photos done properly - the ink and paper costs quite a bit now I print stuff for scrapbooks.

Really for printing a 3 mega pixal camera gives print / photo quality A4. The higher stuff is used for printing out posters and doesn't look or print any better on a computer. I did find out that a decent 'card' for the camera with memory costs £50 to £100 so that's worth thinking about (my old cards are not compatable boo hoo!)

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

The one thing that often gets forgotten when choosing a digi camera is picture quality. Make sure it has a good quality lens (sony often have zeiss lenses which give wonderful clairity).

As mentioned above check in a What Camera type magazine.
    Digital zoom isn't worth having - it is what you do when you zoom in on the computer. Obviously - the higher the megapixels the better quaility you have when you zoom in.

mmm do I study or Scrap this weekend? nickibee's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    We had the same printing colour problems with our lexmark. Since we swapped to an Epson it has been much better. That said I still prefer to send them to photobox as I love the buzz of opening up those packets

View Gallery

Looking at the Fijiforum now. Thanks for the tip off - the pics look great! Thanks for the advice - now swaying between a nikon coolpix and the fuji one

Sarah

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (34)
    hi there
    i posted the same question about feb and was adviced by emma jane to buy the fuji s5600...you should have a look at her gallery ..lovely piccys
    i read up about it{ 5 mega pix} and bought it and havent looked back since.....love it!!
    i am now investing in lenses to change the colours of piccys and to alter them ..having so much fun.
    hope its helped

angela xx

Awww thank you Angela - that's very kind of you
    I think the Fuji S5600 is totally fab. I take it literally everywhere with me now and have got some great shots on it (all the camera's doing )

Like other people have said it does depend on what you want it for though.
    I love my S5600 because I love close up shots, low light shots are important as I take lots of indoor pictures, I hate red eye (it has a pop up flash so avoids this) and I like 5MP as it means I can have the pictures printed huge and keep them sharp.
    If however you want super sporty action shots, are always outdoors and need a teeny weeny pocket camera then this might not suit and there might be better ones for you but if you want fabby portrait and family shots then I totally recommend the Fuji S5600

Good luck with your hunting
    Emma x
    Emma Jane

View Gallery

Thanks for the advise about the Fuji S5600, but as it is a 'big' camera unfortunatley it is not for me . Looking for a 'handbag' size one (compact) - my handbag is not small as I have the children's bits in there too. Have been looking at the fuji website since the advice on here. Thanks

Sarah