Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digital Camera?

Dedicated Scrapper Scrappy~Sarah's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)

Question Digital Camera?

I have also posted in the digi section, but thought to post here too as there is a little more traffic here (so to speak)

Planning to get a digi camera with savings/birthday money. Thought I would ask what you guys think are good/bad.

Sarah

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    ooooo i got one for xmas off my mum and dad and i love it! take it everywhere with me! its so little and easy to use and its got a 5Meg pixels or something like that which apparently the bigger that number the better! i know this is probably no help but i just know you are going to love a digital camera as much as i love mine!

hope you get a good one!

View Gallery

Thanks Mush - that was what I had heard - been looking at this megapixel thingy - there is one in Argos with 7 with looks a bit of a bargain, but must research more first. Might have to hang on til after spring break from school

Sarah

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (37)
    My OH bought me a new camera as an early birthday pressie.

It is a Minolta Dimage Z6. It has 12x zoom and 6 megapixels.

Every time I use it I comment on how wonderful it is.

Here are a few pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    hi there
    i posted the same question about feb and was adviced by emma jane to buy the fuji s5600...you should have a look at her gallery ..lovely piccys
    i read up about it{ 5 mega pix} and bought it and havent looked back since.....love it!!
    i am now investing in lenses to change the colours of piccys and to alter them ..having so much fun.
    hope its helped

angela xx

Smilin is infectious, you catch it like the flu, 1 day someone smiled at me & I started smilin too ellejay's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Jumping on the band wagon here as im after a new digi cam too. I need something that takes photos PDQ as my kids dont keep still and i hate missing shots.
    Where have all the Good men gone and where are all the GODS

Tunny-Farr, a Maori word for a mythical beastie thing. Taniwha's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Before you buy a camera you need to decide what is important to you. I would get a camera with as many megapixels as you can afford and the best zoom as well. Optical zoom is better than digital zoom because digital zoom affects the quality of the pictures.

Then decide what's more important to you, for example size. Then it might be a good idea to go to a camera shop and have a hold of some. You want a camera that is easy to use and will fit nicely in your hand, if it's comfortable you'll carry it around with you and not miss out on those great pictures!

So my advice would be, get the highest zoom and megapixel you can for your budget. HTH's
    ~~Rachel~~

View Gallery

Sue thanks those pics are great - just what I have in mind to do!
    Angela - thank you will look at that one too
    Lisa - I agree my boys can't sit still and that is what I want a camera that saves waste and works pdq
    Taniwha - thanks for the advise ( and to everyone else too)

Sarah

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Definitely invest in one of the 'what digital camera' type magazines, which will run through the important features. I've had a digi camera for 4 years now (a Pentax Optio 430R - early version) and I love everything about it except the time between clicking and shooting. I have missed sooooo many fab shots of my kids because the camera is just not quick enough. My SLR very rarely misses a shot like that - it is definitely a problem unique to the lower-end digitals (although my Pentax was hardly cheap 4 years ago lol). There's a specific term for it that I can't remember, but the camera mags will talk you through it and help you find the right model.

good luck!
    Eris
    xx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Totally agree with Taniwha. If it doesn't feel comfortable in your hands and the controls aren't where you expect them to be you will not use it as much. I have a Fuji S5500 - an earlier version of the one mentioned above - and love it. A good optical zoom is worth having, a digital zoom less so as you can always enlarge your pictures when you print them anyway.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I have the kodak z740 and I love it it has 10xzoom optical and 5x digital it has 6 MP . the functions are really east to operate. the only thing is its quite big. But the pics are lovely and I enjoy using it , val I would go for acybershot If I had the money again , something I could keep in my pocket !!!!

...need more alphabets, must buy alphabets... weshpenguin's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    I've got the Fuji S5600 & I love it. Quick & easy to use - but you've also got all the extra options there if you want to change the settings (aperture, shutter speed etc) for a particular shot - & it fits comfortably into your hands.

and her cheeky little monkey! Natbag's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy~Sarah
    Thanks Mush - that was what I had heard - been looking at this megapixel thingy - there is one in Argos with 7 with looks a bit of a bargain, but must research more first. Might have to hang on til after spring break from school
    The Samsung, I have the 4mp version which is fantastic, crystal clear quality! It's because of the optical zoom, digital zoom alone is rubbish. The Samsung is great because the optical zoom is great and even combined with the digital zoom for really close up close ups, the quality is still so sharp.
    You will need a big memory card for that many mp, probably a 512mb or higher, and you'll need to make your files smaller before trying to upload them online or they'll take forever.
    I'd say go for that one. They didn't do the 7mp version when I bought the 4mp, but started doing it a week later. I'd got mine on special offer so couldn't exchange it, grrrrr!
    Natalie x
    Member of Doodlin' Daisies team & Green Buttons house
    My Blog
    365 days

and her cheeky little monkey! Natbag's Avatar
    View Gallery

Forgot to add, stay away from anything by Concord, total cr@p
    Natalie x
    Member of Doodlin' Daisies team & Green Buttons house
    My Blog
    365 days

RIP Shaun my beautiful golden brother, always in my heart 10/01/79 - 02/09/03 FAYESY's Avatar
    View Gallery

I have the Fuji S550 & I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its totally fab!