Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Royal Mail

"There's no point in being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes." EmmaG's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (36)
    So do I need to tell the post office worker my CJ is art work when sending it by recorded???? Is there somewhere for thenm to write it on the form?????
    Liftoffs CJ
    There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Dedicated Scrapper georgiamudfudge's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    This is what happens when you only really have one choice - they get to make their own rules.

collector of pretty paper robinsmadmum's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (40)
    what I dont understand is how letters parcels etc actually get lost between the PO where you've paid your postage and sorting office, there must be a huge room somewhere stacked to the ceiling with LOST items of mail.
    But that said how many stories have been in the press lately of PO workers not delivering something and taking it to their homes and putting it/them in their lofts, garages, sheds etc. and out of all these recovered items how many are actually delivered when found?

Addicted to all things ribbon and paper buzzybea's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Just a point - if you pay for recorded delivery - it actually offers you no more compensation than a free certificate of posting does (which is now £32) all it does it let the sender know that it has been received by someone.

I must admit I wouldn't pay the extra £0.65 (or it may be more) when you don't really get anthing more for your money.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (46)
    It's ironical how they add their charges when your parcel is customised (claiming it goes through various departments) but refuse to refund you when your parcel goes missing... afterall, the parcel passes through different departments right???
    Seems like we got a bad service here! Royal Mail has already lost their monopoly as of early this year.... just wondering which other company would offer competitive services....
    Audrey
    DT member for 365 Cards & Scrap 365.

beyond help...so don't even try eaton0171's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    what ever company is gonna offer services it may force RM to pull thier socks up and sort out it's bloomin CS.........i sent a package to USA...cost me £13 to send it ...the value inside was £10...thats all they refunded...this really stinks......as i paid for a tracked service...it never made it accross the pond!!!!!!! if you pay for postage and it gets lost this side it is only bloomin well right that they give you that back to as they have failed to do the flippin job they were paid to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NIAMH

I am the penguin, Koo koo ka choo __TJ__'s Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    in fairness to RM i have had a parcel sold on ebay go missing. i use SD for everything because registered is not worth the time of day ( it just gets you are siggy at the other end, no garantee of whos or garantee of delivery date) anyway the parcel disappeared ( i blame imps!) and the buyer got really antsy with me. i argued with the guy on the phone that they are happy to refund the postage costs if a SD item gets there late, why not refund it if it gets there very very late ( like never) and they paid up. i got the value of the sale back and postage. but do remember when you post SD or even recorded if they put a dash in the value box ( as mine do routinely withotu asking what the value is) you cant claim for didly.
    I Live in Canada I got three kids, two dogs and "some" hens. 🐓 oh and three goats!!! And I make cheese now. Blessed are the cheesemakers. 🧀🐐🐐🐐🦆🦆
    "Not worse is almost as good as better" Terry Pratchett speaking about altzimers, but it works for Aspergers too.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (53)
    The idea of the receipt is that you write on the postcode and house number and not Royal Mail, or at least that's how my PO does it. I've not had to claim using that method yet though.

When I worked for my last company post got lost on a regular basis and I was regularly disputing claims with them until we changed to their business post thing and then they happily refunded it every time. It always amazed me when I spoke to customers to let them know that it was lost in the post how many of them came back (well 2, but that's more than enough) that their local PO was arrested for stealing post, another who found a PO trolley full of post burning outside their house (and wasn't claimed by PO for another 3 days). I know that this is the minority and that most PO people are fab, but it does grate sometimes! Doesn't suprise me that they are losing money.
    Last edited by Emmak; 04-04-2006 at 07:34 PM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    I hate royal mail at the moment they've lost a shop parcel so had to refund the goods and now im chasing royal mail. Makes it so hard to offer the best service when another company cant manage to do their job!!!! Sorry minor rant.

View Gallery

And why do we have to pay insurance so they dont lose something...gosh can you imagine if we had to pay extra so tesco didnt lose our food, or pay the doctor to make sure they dont lose our prescriptions...aaaarrrgh

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (34)
    Sam I am 100% with you!

Miss you Sis all the time x Maureenp's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (41)
    I must have been lucky!!! I had a parcel go missing some time ago (It was something I had sold on e-bay). I had sent it Ordinary post but with a proof of postage. I filled in a form and after 3 weeks waiting time , which RM said was standard ...I rang up and they sent me a cheque for the full value of the goods and postage as well, even rounded it up to the £.!!!

I wonder if sometimes it depends on the person you get on the phone???

View Gallery

I think it must I have been informed I will not receive the ostage cost back...but never mind. I post loads of parcels everyday and my post office is great and they never moan when I cart in all my parcels and cause huge queues, but these programms have highlighted the theft that can occur. i mean floandco (sp) had a special delivery one go missing this week. its getting ridicuolious!!!!!

Evil Mean Bunnies worst nightmare jemm's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (83)
    I seem to have an ongoing problem with things not arriving at the moment (could be because I am one house all on my own - but no excuse) They just don't seem to take any complaints seriously and especially when its swaps of bits and pieces.I seem to always be complaining at the moment.
    JAYNE
    Scrapping with the Squirrels
    10 OSCARS & a gold medal
    AIMS FOR TODAY.....Get up......Wind up an E.M.B......Go back to bed

If it's not pink then it's not worth having! gismo's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (49)
    the good thing with special delivery is that if they fail to deliver it by 1pm you get your postage back - Ive claimed so many times on this its fab and they send out the cheque immediately!