Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)

Anna Griffin Creative Journalling CD help

Has anyone managed to do anything with this CD (the one in the QVC TSV). So far I've managed to print of a cartouche or whatever she calls them, but I did this by pasting it into word. All I want to do is print a message in a shape but I can't get what I want. I managed to do some wording on 2 lines using the mix and match feature, but I can't find a way of centring the second line of text below the first. Ther edoesn't appear to be an 'undo' button either. So much for being really simple. I'm not totally hopeless with a pc, but I'm at a loss to work this software. Any advice gratefully appreciated.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Well, you have got more out of it than I have.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    well! i'm not looking forward to trying mine you all must know by now that i'm useless on computers! LOL off to have a quick go now-wish me luck!!

View Gallery

could take a bit longer,didn't realise it had to load onto the computer before using it!!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    Yes, have managed ok, but did resort to going through the tutorial. Did you find there are free fonts to add in as well from site by signing up to newsletter. LEd delightful is my favourite and have used it in my new circle journal.
    Helen

View Gallery

!!!!!!!! i've given up!!!!! even with the tutorial!!!! i think it's coz i can't consintrate coz i know i should be doing tea!!!! MIGHT try later!!!

View Gallery

I thought the tutorials were too basic. They didn't really show you much. Have you managed to transfer the fonts from the disc into your main fonts list that shows up in word?

View Gallery

Yes, now have the fonts in word. Note not the alphabets just the fonts. Didn't realise ( may be obvious to you ) but there are two different things , fonts that are as in Word and transferable and alphabets which are images ( the more complicated ones with coloured fill etc and so not transferable.
    Helen

View Gallery

I've now found an easy way to get the cartouches coming into word (basically insert picture from the CD) but how do I put text inside the cartouche with word. I suppose it's some sort of editing picture function, or getting a text box to superimpose over the cartouche but how??

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Have you got publisher or page plus? That would work. I agree it isn't exactly user friendly is it?

View Gallery

The program puts the text in the cartouche and formats it, not sure why you want to put into word?
    Helen

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by savvyowl
    The program puts the text in the cartouche and formats it, not sure why you want to put into word?
    ...because I can't get the program to work as I would like it to. I can't edit mistakes, can't centre lines of text

Happy 70th birthday
    Granny

is what I wanted but it would only do

Happy 70th birthday
    Granny

I just can't work the program well at all. If you are managing to get the program to work well, please share as it would be a lot easier if I could manipulate the text without going through word. I have managed to resize the cartouches and resize and place the text in the cartouche. I can't fiddle about formatting the text beyond that though. I'd really appreciate any help you can offer.

View Gallery

I've been having another play and I've come to the conclusion that you need to do each line separately if you want to manipulate the Anna Griffin alphabets. If you want to use an existing font that you have on your pc, using the add text button allows you to manipulate the text to how you want it. At least I am managing to get some results now...it's only taken me the best part of the day!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    If you put the cartouche onto the layout, you can click "Add text" and play around with it until you have the sizing etc that you want. You can use any of the fonts you have. "Group graphics" should be selected. Click OK and it will appear on the bottom of the screen. Clear the layout you had and then just add the new one with the text. This can be resized, printed or copied into Word.

Also, you can copy and paste any of the images into Word.
    In Word, selectthe image on the document.
    Use the drawing tool bar which you can right click to get.
    Click the picture of the dog and select "through".
    You can now move the image and type text on top of it.

The Lettering Delights alphabets are great for all kinds of layouts, schools etc.

Hope this helps!

View Gallery

That was a great help thank you. I must have tried every 'dog' option except the 'through' one. This is great to know.