Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aaarrgghhh!

Gradually Improving Scrapper Cathu's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)

Aaarrgghhh!

My DS aged 2y3m has just managed to unscrew a stack of containers & emptied assorted brads & eyelets all over the floor - thought he was being a bit quiet! I stayed calm & thought we could make a game of it putting them back into their separate pots. No such luck. Despite trying to describe & demonstrate the differences between brads & eyelets in 101 different ways, DS is convinced they should all go back in 1 pot together. He is now lying on the floor repeating "careful mummy's things" with a small pile of eyelets to replace into the last pot!!!!! Once that's finished we're going down to the kitchen together & I'm going to get coffee & cake whilst I figure out where to hide my stash out of reach.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (49)
    LOL!! Poor you - your DS reminds me so much of my own little torture!!!
    Good luck with the hiding - i have resorted to high level shelves in the spare room!
    Paula x

The Norty Crew

http://paula-2littleboys.blogspot.com/

View Gallery

Was bagging up my Bargain Buy swap at the time, Paula!

Surfin' the slippery slope..... juliadunnit's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    Consider this a practice run for the mixed embossing powder trial ( prompted me to re-assess storage and have laminate floor put down in my little room!!) Am understanding of the aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh!

Ludgershall (near Andover) Crop Chat - an SG to visit
    Doing it like a Diva!
    A talker with a passion for crafting blogs here:
    stamping-ground.blogspot.com

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by juliadunnit
    Consider this a practice run for the mixed embossing powder trial ( prompted me to re-assess storage and have laminate floor put down in my little room!!) Am understanding of the aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh!
    I got off lightly really then, didn't I. You've made me feel loads better - it could have been much worse. Am moving embossing powders right now!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    take a foto and scrap it...at least 1 good thing will have come from it lol!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    Awwww hun you poorthing....my last lots of eyelets....about 500 of them in pretty different colours was uptipped by the dog as she wanted some attention!!!!

scrapping in the tropics, but my heart belongs in Wales arianwen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I found dd2 (age 7) happily cutting up some lovely 8x8 papers I had bought that day.

She's allowed in the bit box, but knows she's not to touch the big 12x12 sheets.

Trust a child to go for a very literal interpretation of the rules

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    oh the memories - Loads of purple acrylic on NEW brown leather suite! I kept calm as well and just ran for a wet cloth - fortunately it wiped off!

PS Daddy never was told about that one - we have enough fights about my stash!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (57)
    after several episodes of mixed embelishments sorted by children the little darlings...ggrrrrrrrrrr i bought the containers that lock..you can only open one at atime..now if a few get spilled they all go back in the one open place much easier...
    lolcarole
    www.ribbonmad.co.uk reopen under new ownership....

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I have a stack of MM eyelets that seem to be able to open their own pots and tip themselves everywhere. So glad I don't have little helpers. If I did they would probably spend their lives with their hands tied behind their backs.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (28)
    i have taken the door knobs off my stash cupboard door. i have to wedge it open with a credit card or a teaspoon handle. i have to be careful that little people don't see how to open it, i dread to think what my 2 would do in there!

I know it was 8 yrs ago, but dont I look young..... MelinBeds's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Mmmmmmmm always assume the worst if they are quiet for too long - that's my motto...... borne out of the 'face covered in lipstick' and '12x12 papers scrunched up and folded into 'vans'(fans)' incidents

not enough hours in the day janeycutting's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (60)
    It is so good to hear all the stories of little peoples adventures with stash!!!!

My 3 are always into mine too, luckily the only things they can reach now are beginning to be less interesting, so they venture there less and less.

My DH is still less than impressed with all the punched shapes around upstairs though - the only things they can reach (punches and scrap paper) so lots of christmas trees and stars and I think there were little doggy bones for a while too flowers, leaves oh the list goes on, just varies from day to day depending on the punch chosen
    Jane

Dedicated Scrapper georgiamudfudge's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Mmmm, i dont know about children but i do know that i managed to open up my round eyelet containers that lock into each other from MM upside down yesterday! The worst part was that i had no one but me to blame :0(