Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: Won't cut

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)

Won't cut

Hi all I'm just near screaming point, my cr won't cut through the card anymore, I have never had any trouble with it before, always had to do two cuts for bazzil but it won't cut even when I send it through 6 times, , could it be that my cutting blade has had it? has this happened to anyone else and it wasn't the blade, I'd appreciate any help. thanks Sue

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    Hi Sue

Have you checked that you have choosen outline when you chose the font ect

Nina

I am the penguin, Koo koo ka choo __TJ__'s Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    if it is scoring and not cutting thru, check the blade holder you are using, if you are alreayd using the pink it sounds like your blade is shot how old is it?
    I Live in Canada I got three kids, two dogs and "some" hens. 🐓 oh and three goats!!! And I make cheese now. Blessed are the cheesemakers. 🧀🐐🐐🐐🦆🦆
    "Not worse is almost as good as better" Terry Pratchett speaking about altzimers, but it works for Aspergers too.

View Gallery

Hi Nina I haven't changed any settings, thanks for the reply though, Tracy thanks I am using the pink cutter, I've had it about 15 months so I suppose if it has gone I haven't had a bad run, just hope it is that, I'm going to the NEC tomorrow so I hope that Graphtec are there, if not any ideas on where to get a good deal on a new blade, thanks Sue

Dedicated Scrapper Gadget Monkey's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)

Mine Wont Cut either

Hi, I am having the same problem, I cut onto card (which I have only just learnt how to) and 3 days later my rc wont cut through the same card I used the other day. I have sent it through about 8 times, still wont cut. I have only had this 6 months, could my blade be shot too??? I have downloaded a standoff ring, but I know this sounds dumb, but what do I do with it, where do I put it. I would appreciate any help.

Linda

View Gallery

Hi Linda I went to the NEC yesterday and spoke to a bloke that was demonstrating Crs, I explained my problem and he said that he thought it would be my blades (same as Tracy) he said you only get about 6 months out of them, which I feel is a rip off as it cost me £22.95 for a new one, but needs must, someone has suggested that I run some silver foil through it and that may sharpen the blade, I haven't done it yet but as it won't work anyhway there can't be much to lose. Hope this helps a little, Sue

Dedicated Scrapper Gadget Monkey's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    thanks for that Sue, I have tried running foil through folded so it would sharpen my blade, but it still wont even cut paper. If I try and cut with the blade not in the machine it cuts fine, but wont cut once in the mount. Please let me know if your new blades do the job. thanks a lot.
    Linda

View Gallery

o.k. I won't be trying until tonight but I will let you know. Sue