Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Having really big problems....

with my sizzix machine and using quickutz dies with it!

I have tried following the instuctions which makes me think I now have the wrong ones (or i am total dumb and misunderstanding them)

I have been told to buy the converter and adapter (already had) and place the QK die on the adapter followed by the card or paper and use as normal?

All help gratefully recieved I am really getting in to a knot trying to use them.

Many thanks

Lisa

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    You need to make sure that the QK die sits inside the very slight ridge that the black sizzix adapters have.

Then make sure that you have the white cutting mat, then the paper, then the QK die and then black convertor on top. (In the end it looks like a black sizzlits die).

Then just move the cutting mat underneath the magnetic convertor and pull the lever down as normal.

hth
    Claire xxx
    Braving it by adding my (boring) blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (106)
    Sounds like you're using them upside down? You need to put the cutting material on the white block, followed by the QK die, and then the adapter. Then put the the Sizzix machine (with converter) as you would any Sizzix/Sizzlet.

However, I do find I have less success using QK in the Sizzix than the Sidekick. I ended up putting some thinish card between the converter and the machine to work as an additional shim (not too thick, else it stops the magnet holding it in place).

smurfie
    it just takes a little bit of experimenting... i always had to add some extra "shim" under the white cutting mat.. i used the back of a little sizzles pad that was just the right size to fit under the block and the right thickness...

the bigshot has made using quickutz dies a dream tho and my sizzix has now been passed onto the kids ...