Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Craft Robo Pro

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Now you've gone and done it Lucille lol, when I first heard about pazzles and had a look at it I was drooling for days, trying to think what/who I could sell to fund it.

Bev

View Gallery

It doesn't do 'print and cut' though.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

MemoriesByMom

Graphtec US

You are correct that the US site is up, although operational seems somewhat arguable. I'm not sure if they are taking orders directly through the website, but they do have it set up to get very BASIC info on each of the products and "accessories" (mats, blade replacements, etc). The message board has been up for a few weeks at least and I've had a question out there for probably the last couple weeks with no responses. It is appropriate to this discussion in that I wanted to be sold on buying the CR Pro over the Pazzles 12" capable models, but there has been NO response at all. Personally, I expected them to have this kind of sales support info on the website, knowing full well that they are chasing the Pazzles 12" capable market. I don't know whether they can't pull together the answer or they just don't want to be bothered with my questions?!?

Karen

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    I was referring to Pazzles.
    Are the Pazzles machines available in the UK?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have just taken the very expensive plunge of buying the pro and the machine arrived last week- I had some awful problems at first as yet again the instructions are **** (!)

Now I am getting used to it I think I will be pleased I made the upgrade - it cuts 300g card OK and on "standard " card and papers is so much quicker. I think I will need the additional 1.5 mm blade if I am going to do thick card in any quantity.

The machine itself is a lot bigger than the pro - I hadn't really appreciated how much bigger and my craft area is overtaken by it - DH is going to try and build me a stand for it.

The software is virtually the same. I can still cut all my saved GSD files.

It is good to be able to cut 12x12 and A3

When I first bought the CR I was concerned that I would need spare blades and carrier mats - I bought spares for CR and they are still in packaging - I am hoping that as the pro is more durable this will be the same.

Will let you know more later if you are interested !

Claire

View Gallery

Hi Claire,
    I would have loved to have upgraded but when I realy thought about it I realised I just couldnt justify all that money but I'm realy glad your happy with it, let us know how you get on though as you never know I might win the lottery or something lol.

Have you priced the carrier sheets and blades for it yet ?

Bev

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

There is a site in USA selling blades for 14.99 USD each. I am not going to buy a replacement carrier sheet as I am going to experiment with making my own.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by craftydoc
    Will let you know more later if you are interested !

Claire
    Yes please!

Edited to say: Forgot to ask, does the Pro machine come with a pen adapter to use gel pens, etc, like the CR?
    Last edited by musicreative; 29-03-2006 at 11:39 PM.

View Gallery

I have just taken the very expensive plunge of buying the pro... Claire
    I've taken the plunge too. I've ordered the CR Pro (plus the 1.5mm blade and holder). I was told that delivery wouldn't be until end of April at the earliest.

If you get the chance, please keep us updated with how you're getting on with yours and any tips.
    Last edited by musicreative; 31-03-2006 at 11:40 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

The machine is much the same as the CR - a few very minor changes to the software - you can zoom in / out on files with just a click on an icon.The big difference is that the position of the rollers that move the material can be adjusted. The position of the rollers is crucial as if they are in the wrong place the machine does not detect the right paper size and you will not get the whole file to cut. I haven't had much time to play as it took me a while to get the roller problem sorted out ( the manual,as far as I can see, makes no mention of the fact that the rollers move, let alone how important they are to cutting files).

The standard blade cuts hammered card OK , I am not going to use it too much with heavy card as I don't want to blunt the blade. I have ordered a bigger blade, this should cut heavier card, foam and board.

View Gallery

The machine is much the same as the CR - a few very minor changes to the software - you can zoom in / out on files with just a click on an icon.The big difference is that the position of the rollers that move the material can be adjusted. The position of the rollers is crucial as if they are in the wrong place the machine does not detect the right paper size and you will not get the whole file to cut. I haven't had much time to play as it took me a while to get the roller problem sorted out ( the manual,as far as I can see, makes no mention of the fact that the rollers move, let alone how important they are to cutting files).

The standard blade cuts hammered card OK , I am not going to use it too much with heavy card as I don't want to blunt the blade. I have ordered a bigger blade, this should cut heavier card, foam and board.
    When speaking to Graphtec and the other UK supplier, I asked whether it was possible to use the A4 carrier sheets with the Pro and they explained about the adjustable rollers. I also asked about card weight; they said that because different cardstock has different density, they quote thickness rather than weight. The standard 0.9mm blade can cut up to circa 300gsm cardstock and the 1.5mm blade, thicker matierials, up to .6mm thickness. Not sure whether it's possible to cut 'chipboard' a la Basic Grey, etc.. Can't cut mountboard as it's too thick/dense.

How easy is it to adjust the blade depth? I understand that the CR Pro cutter doesn't use the blue, yellow and pink caps. Please let me know if you find a cheaper supplier for the blades. I just hope they last a fair time, otherwise I'll need a 2nd mortgage to pay for them!
    Last edited by musicreative; 31-03-2006 at 11:40 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have also ordered the Pro...delivery end of April possibly.
    I really dont know what most people would do without this group!
    I shall be VERY interested to read about everyones teething troubles with this machine, PLEASE keep posting how you are getting on.
    When I ordered mine from Graphtec they never mentioned about a different blade to cut thicker material...which is the main reason I am upgrading.
    I went to the NEC on Thursday and the chap demoing the Robo seemed to be having a bit of bother with it!!
    I shall sell my Robo...has anyone out there had any experience selling theirs?

Jane

View Gallery

I downloaded the manual for the Pro machine from the american site, and in there it talks about the roller adjustments over several pages (section 2-7 onwards) and it also talks about 3 different blades. The 0.9mm blade that is supplied with the machine, the 1.5mm 45 degree blade for cutting thicker material and the 1.5mm 30 degree blade for cutting intricate letters less than 10mm in size, up to 0.25mm depth. Having found out that info, I need to go back and check that the correct 1.5 blade has been ordered for me!

Hopefully you won't have too much difficulty selling your CR. It's a shame we'll have to wait at least a month for delivery.
    Last edited by musicreative; 01-04-2006 at 12:40 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks for that info.

I have bookmarked the site for an afternoons light reading!
    I will have to look into the blade situation.

Jane