A Smooth-Running UKScrappers is a Relaxing Experience.

Meeting Santa

by Mary Buttons

Pudding Time

by Mary Buttons

smile for the camera

by scrapdolly

Beautiful Bath

by thriftycrafter

14 Things

by Crafty Kacy

Go Back   UKScrappers > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Being Scrappy

Reply Reply

Old 18-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
unionjackmini
Dedicated Scrapper

Trader Rating: (2)
Jus-Cutz A4 Die Cutting Machine

Hope someone can help, I am wanting to order a Jus-Cutz A4 Die Cutting Machine and was wondering if it came with everything needed to use it straight from the box? Also I have read that you need an additional plate to be able to cut fabric/leather with this machine and cannot find what or where I can purchase this from.

I hope that someone can help, as far as I can see these can only be ordered from Once Upon a Stamp and have emailed them but do not seem to be getting any response.

Many Thanks
unionjackmini is offline Click for members Gallery   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
MTDancer
Dedicated Scrapper

Trader Rating: (0)
no, they do not answer emails. So frustrating
MTDancer is offline Click for members Gallery   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:07 AM   #3
Lacelady1
Dedicated Scrapper

Have you considered the eBosser instead? It's a little dearer ,but seems to cover everything, and does it electrically. Here's a link to a review: http://sewcalgal.blogspot.ie/2013/02...k-ebosser.html

I don't have it myself, as I have a Big Shot Pro, Grand Calibur and a Cameo - can't justify the expense!
Lacelady1 is offline Click for members Gallery   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:08 AM   #4
Sandra
I live in CHAOS Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome

Trader Rating: (6)
I am interested in this machine.... will wait and see what others think of it before investing my pennies
Sandra is offline Click for members Gallery   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #5
MaryAnne
just don't call me The Boss

Trader Rating: (21)
I'm curious - what made you pick this one over the Grand Calibur or the Joy Truville? I'll have to go searching to see - does it do the thicker dies as well? The GC doesn't, nor the Joy, and I really do NOT need to expand my ability to cut thick dies and have to buy a whole load of new style ones but there are a few I do like. My first GC died a horrible death, and I got a 2nd one only because it was so darn cheap on special JUST when I needed something fast, but If this one goes that I am 100% sure I don't want another. I've played with the Ebosser at a crop and it's ok, but it has it's issues too (like cutting thru the rubber mat, as we saw in a post here, and the person who owned the one I played with has extremely bowed cutting mats, and one actually broke, using a very standard die sandwich) so interested. I distrust things that are too "electronic" IYKWIM as it seems that is just one more thing to go wrong with them! I don't mind the cranking, as I feel a bit more in control, and can FEEL any resistance and STOP. But I do love the larger size.

MaryAnne is offline Click for members Gallery   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #6
krafty1
Dedicated Scrapper

Trader Rating: (13)
I've been watching out for this one too but there's a couple of things niggle me a bit if I'm honest.

There's been quite a few people saying that they don't get replies from the owner (am thinking, so how will this work if something goes wrong) and secondly I feel a bit uneasy about the way he talks about other people and products on his blog.

However the machine itself definitely interests me.

I think the main difference is that he says that the workings and cogs are metal and not plastic and is therefore reported to last a lot longer. Could this be the main problem with the grand calibur having plastic inners, it's just not built to last like the sizzix big shot.

He's written a comparison on his blog of what it takes and it will take the thicker bigz dies.

So, like Sandra above I'm going to wait and see what others think of it before I part with my money.
krafty1 is offline Click for members Gallery   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #7
vikkiCTM
Dedicated Scrapper

Trader Rating: (1)
DO are releasing a die-cutting machine which will take A4 dies as well as the thicker Sizzix dies ... due out in September I believe
vikkiCTM is offline Click for members Gallery   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2013, 12:38 AM   #8
Sandra
I live in CHAOS Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome

Trader Rating: (6)
I noticed the DO crafts machine too Vikki. It's about time there were some machines with the larger platform cutting thick dies I see that Fiskars too have one. Not sure if it's available in the UK yet.... I wonder if this is the way forward in die cutting, especially now that Sizzix are on Create and Craft. The thick dies will be more in demand.
Sandra is offline Click for members Gallery   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #9
MaryAnne
just don't call me The Boss

Trader Rating: (21)
For me the issue with the thick dies is storage! The Nesties can fit in a small space but if I add in thick dies I just have no idea where I can wedge them in!

MaryAnne is offline Click for members Gallery   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #10
SilverTiger2
Dedicated Scrapper

They were demonstrating this new machine at Doncaster yesterday - but seemed reluctant to answer questions. This could have been because they were surrounded - the place was thronged and everyone wants to watch the demos of something new. It did seem to need more plates than the Cuttlebug. The demo I saw was using Spellbinder products and the smaller dies turned out quite well - some of the larger ones took two or more passes to cut right through. One quite intricate one needed an added shim over the middle section before it cut through. I'll stick to my Cuttlebug while I save up for an Ebosser.
SilverTiger2 is offline Click for members Gallery   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #11
pippa
Dedicated Scrapper

Hi do not know if this will be of any help to you but I received this machine on Friday and as yet have not been able to cut my Spellbinder dies successfully have been intouch with the company who say they are experimenting over the weekend to try and resolve some of the issues not what I hoped it would be have gone back to the Grand Calibur for now hope things get sorted as I chose this machine instead of the Ebosser
pippa is offline Click for members Gallery   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #12
Scrappy Pat
Stashy Scrapper

Trader Rating: (41)
I preordered my Jus Cutz and received it on Friday. So far Im very impressed. Having wanted an A4 machine for quite a while Ive been prepared to wait for a machine that (in my opinion) fits my bill....thick dies as well as thin, A4, NOT electric as MA says so you can "feel" when cutting therefore the plates wont get stuck and need bashing out with a mallet like the ebosser, NOT plastic components inside so it will hopefully be a real workhorse like my big shot and not break like the G Calibur Be also wary of "copies" of the Jus Cutz machine which have Plastic components inside.

Why am I impressed so far? Its cut spellbinders, memory box and other thin dies like butter, better than my big shot. Even a cheery lynn detailed lacy border die that I have which was troublesome to cut on my big shot.(But sadly not a Cheery Lynn doilie die, which is a bad die and not the inadequacy of any die cutting machine). Ive embossed with spellbinders dies too, perfectly, and so much easier than the faffing around with the big shot. It has a pressure gauge which you slide left or right to either increase or decrease the pressure....no more shims. Its so easy. Just increase the pressure or decrease a little as necessary.

With regards to Once Upon a Stamp I do feel that they have been committed to producing a quality machine that meets our needs to cut and emboss, get good results, with ease and as for customer service, a phone call I think is always best.

My Blog
Scrappy Pat is offline Click for members Gallery   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #13
pippa
Dedicated Scrapper

Glad you have had more success than me with the machine just heard back from the company that I should purchase a metal sheet to cut my Spellbinder die should really have been supplied with machine if that important the Grand Calibur cut the same die with just two passes and no metal sheet just my personal experience can only speak as you find but certainly not impressed
pippa is offline Click for members Gallery   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #14
bella2013

re jus-cutz machine

Hello,

This machine is what we have been waiting for. It only uses a white base plate and clear plate for the majority of dies. All universal dies can be used even the bigz dies right down to your plastic stencils for embossing.
You have total control of the pressure switch which is unique to this machine.
You will find lots of information about the use of different dies on this machine on facebook and the Once upon a stamp blog which is being updated daily with new information.
The shop has worked non stop to get the machines to the customers which was a mommoth task in itself as well as those that were collecting them personally from us.
There were only two girls in the shop today and got back to the phone calls as soon as was possible. The website has been experiencing teething problems as it is a brand new site they have launched.
I have one of these machines and just love it.
Hope this helps answer some questions for you. Karen
bella2013 is offline Click for members Gallery   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #15
krafty1
Dedicated Scrapper

Trader Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella2013 View Post
Hello,

This machine is what we have been waiting for. It only uses a white base plate and clear plate for the majority of dies. All universal dies can be used even the bigz dies right down to your plastic stencils for embossing.
You have total control of the pressure switch which is unique to this machine.
You will find lots of information about the use of different dies on this machine on facebook and the Once upon a stamp blog which is being updated daily with new information.
The shop has worked non stop to get the machines to the customers which was a mommoth task in itself as well as those that were collecting them personally from us.
There were only two girls in the shop today and got back to the phone calls as soon as was possible. The website has been experiencing teething problems as it is a brand new site they have launched.
I have one of these machines and just love it.
Hope this helps answer some questions for you. Karen
I think I'll wait and hear from customers to see what their experiences are rather than someone from the company itself
krafty1 is offline Click for members Gallery   Reply With Quote
Reply Reply