Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Living in the fantasy world of Edward and Bella leeann21's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)

Christmas Journal

I fancy making a christmas journal, i have some lovely scrummy christmas papers and coordinating ribbons etc etc BUT what the heck do you use them for? am i being dim here? i just dont want to make yet another book and not use it, iykwim?

Anyway what do you put in your christmas journal?
    My Blog Updated 13/09/11

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    A group of friends and I are going to keep a rough diary through December of all we do for or related to Christmas.
    I have already taken photos of the wonderful decorations in our local garden centre and plan some of the lights in town. As my kids are grown up & no GC yet I will have to get inventive but plan to scrap things like shopping for food & prezzies, perhaps a pile of cards, that kind of thing. Not always photos - perhaps journalling reflecting thoughts and memories of previous celebrations.

Well, that's mine Look forward to seeing other peeps take on it
    hugs,

View Gallery

thats a great idea thanks

i am also in the advent swap and thought i might put a little bit on each page for what i get, also it is my nephews 2nd christmas and his sister is due on the 16th so that would be good to journal
    My Blog Updated 13/09/11

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    i think having a theme every day to write about is cool like shimelle does though im making up my own as cant afford her class! wish I could!
    my blog
    Christmas stocking swap 2012

Make EVERY day your new blank canvas cantstopstampin's Avatar
    No longer in my little village, still in Staffs, but I AM happy !
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    you've got me so inspired. I was thinking, this is the first year that I have felt no enthusiasm for Christmas at all. Years ago when people said 'oh your kids are still small, so you'll enjoy Christmas' and I thought - EVEN when my kids are big I'll still enjoy Christmas - but I must admit that now I am at that stage it is definitely different.

My DD said 'when you putting the decs up mom' and I have ALWAYS in the past put decs up on 1st december and I thought this year - I think I shall only put a christmas tree up on Christmas eve. My DD was horrified - YOU HAVE TO HAVE ALL THE DECS UP AT THE USUAL TIME !! So around 1st December I shall be putting the decs up.

Actually I'm helping a friend out at her Christmas Health,Beauty and Craft fair this afternoon so maybe I shall feel a bit more Christmassey after that !

Fingers crossed - defo doing a christmassey type journal and past memories and thoughts etc now though so thanks for the inspriation ladies of my UKscrappers ! (& gentlemen - sos)

What have we here Watson? misteejay's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by leeann21 View Post
    thats a great idea thanks

i am also in the advent swap and thought i might put a little bit on each page for what i get, also it is my nephews 2nd christmas and his sister is due on the 16th so that would be good to journal
    Toni, sounds like this December is going to be pretty special for you so keeping a note of everything that happens in a Christmas journal will be a fab way of recording the memories.

I'm sure you'll get some super pics of Jamie when his sister arrives

http://misteejay.blogspot.com/
    when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

View Gallery

iv just got loads of stuff together that i can use, will show you all a pic in a mo and then when i am finished
    My Blog Updated 13/09/11

Dedicated Scrapper Voodoo Vixen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    You could do a page on your tree and some close-ups of your favourite baubles. You can take a pic of your Christmas table laid ready and then do a page on the menu you will be cooking. A page of the presents under the tree and some close-ups of people opening their gifts. A page of all the things you have crafted for gifts or decs around the home, advent calendars etc. You can journal about your childhood memories of Christmas. You can journal about when and why you put your tree up on that specific day (we always had to wait for after my little brothers birthday on the 19th Dec and take it down before my birthday on the 4th Jan). Your family Christmas traditions. The smells of Christmas (mine are cigars and tangerines)!!
    I am sure once you get going you will be amazed at how much you could put in a journal....
    Annette There are no mistakes in crafting... just opportunities for more embellishments!

Scrap Happens Here Blog

View Gallery

right here is what i have to work with
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Blog Updated 13/09/11

What have we here Watson? misteejay's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Toni, you have a lovely selection of stash - your journal will be fab

http://misteejay.blogspot.com/
    when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (106)
    I love those papers -- what make are they?

My first impression was Doodlebug, but it looks like they have cut off strips I've never seen on their stuff

View Gallery

they are pebbles inc cheryl i got them many a moon ago from a pink box club kit, must have been 2004/2005 or something
    My Blog Updated 13/09/11

Dedicated Scrapper Voodoo Vixen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I want to know what those old fashioned stamp images are! I want, I want...
    Annette There are no mistakes in crafting... just opportunities for more embellishments!

Scrap Happens Here Blog

View Gallery

oh they are not stamps they are print outs i got them as a swap, i cant remeber who from thought give me a mo lol

edited to say i got them from LME but if i dont use them all you can have some, if not i am sure she will let you know where she got them from
    My Blog Updated 13/09/11

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (106)
    Quote Originally Posted by leeann21 View Post
    they are pebbles inc cheryl i got them many a moon ago from a pink box club kit, must have been 2004/2005 or something
    thanks they're totally yummy