Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (67)
    I swear by the SU trimmer, and the lock is what sold it to me, because I can take it/move it anywhere, and I don't snap or break the trimmer guide !

The markings also don't cut off at the 6" mark, but continue across the gap where the arm swings out, so you get a full 1" - 12" range.

Thirdly, you can also detach the cutting guide really easily to replace it with the rotary trimmer arm.

Win-win !

Owner of Janome MC9900 & Brother ScanNCut
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I've been looking in youtube, so many paper trimmers, I've seen the fiskars procision, we are memorie keepers and purple cow, any thoughts please.

I will go and Google the SU one now

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I think that there should be a trimmer try out centre so that folk can have a go before they buy as it is so personal and down to your own needs. Can you try out some friends trimmers at a crop so that you can get a feel for them? My mam has a purple cow one and she likes that too... But she is more of a guillotone girl anyway.try a few different ones out if you can. Jx

You wait for a silence, I wait for a word Dan99's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I got the fiskars procision last week, absolutely love it. It's not cheap though, but I reckon it'll last me years, the blade never needs replacing and the cuts are excellent!
    New set of free designs here
    Butterfly Project Free Template here
    My Blog

View Gallery

I don't know anyone who has got a trimmer I don't do crops or classes, I have an electronic cutter and had the wood wear one for years now, but even after new blade and cutting strip it's not cutting straight. I want something for cutting card and or thin chipboard from time to time, I just want something that will cut a variety of thickness just in case I need to at some point and I want precision. Like the look of the fiskars one, I know it's expensive but if I don't have to buy blades and it lasts it may be money well spent. It's so hard to know what to go for ive had so may over the years they all start off ok and then the cuts go off, or the blades go up in price etc

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan99 View Post
    I got the fiskars procision last week, absolutely love it. It's not cheap though, but I reckon it'll last me years, the blade never needs replacing and the cuts are excellent!
    Another vote for the Procision trimmer here, after buying trimmer after trimmer in the 12 years I have been crafting I wanted one that cut straight and I didn't have to constantly change the blades. It is pricey, but really worth it. Only down side it is quite big, but it's def the best trimmer I have ever bought.
    Last edited by CoventryAnn; 20-10-2014 at 10:20 PM.
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I have a Fiskars Trimmer too - Love it!!
    Sarah x

View Gallery

looks like the fishers provision then, just need to find a good price now. thanks everyone