Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Paper suggestions for printing scrapbook paper

Hi
    Can anyone suggest a good paper to use for printing scrapbook paper please? My printer is a Canon inkjet. I think it wants to be a matt paper, approx. 180gsm.
    Any suggestions anyone?
    Annie

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    I know you say you have an ink jet printer and where Staples used to carry a great paper (about 160 GSM) called TEXT AND GRAPHICS paper, the last time I went to replenish my supply they no longer have it. The guy at the desk said A LOT of people loved it and had no idea why they stopped. BUT he suggested some LASER PRINTER paper. He even gave me a handful to try, It's not bad. Matt, and not pure white to my eye, I see the barest hint of cream, but it is pretty good. I would say pop in to Staples, tell them this story, ask if you can have a few sheets to test out - the guy took my samples from the printing counter, he didn't open a new pack so they might be willing to give you a few samples of a few different papers to try.

I also really like the PPD matt photo paper - I got 210 and 230 or 40 GSM version and it happens to be double sided. I wouldn't use it for PHOTOS but for printing paper I think it would be fine.

I assume you mean printing from a CD for example, or printing digital scrapbooking kit papers? Bear in mind that a LOT of it will be down to the colour calibration of your monitor, so what you see on the screen is what you see printed. What paper you use will matter, but not nearly as much as your monitor settings in having the two match

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Any 'super smooth' paper will work. Depends on what you want to use it for but there are 120 gsm sheets on the market that is card not paper so you need to take care. Personally I use 120 gsm if its being stuck to another bit of card or paper and heavier if its stand - alone.