Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Cloud and library

Does anyone know if I can move all my files out of the cloud files and into my library files? Since I update the studio I seem to have to sets of files with the same names. It's confusing cause if say I want to look in my flowers folder I have to look in both cause some are in the cloud folders and some are in the my library

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I only keep the ones that come with the machine's in the library and they're in the local user library my own file's are on an external drive with a backup on another external drive HelenLOCAL.png

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I really don't know what i have done Doreen lol. I think that all the stuff i have in the folders are things i have got free and bought from the store. I do remember i made loads of folders to put them all in so i could find then easier but when i upgraded the studio it added cloud and now all the folders have been duplicated into cloud and some of my stuff is in the cloud folders and some are in the local user. I would prefer them all to be together in their folders that i made not separated lol
    local folders.JPGCloud.JPG

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have exactly the same and never know where I should look for new stuff I have bought as it doesn't seem to go in both. The total number of files is different.

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Sandra's Avatar
    View Gallery

The designs you get with the machine cant be transferred to the cloud those are the only ones I have in my local library the rest are in the cloud saved on my hardrive and backed up on an external hard drive.

Chinese whisper LO swap

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ellygreen View Post
    I really don't know what i have done Doreen lol. I think that all the stuff i have in the folders are things i have got free and bought from the store. I do remember i made loads of folders to put them all in so i could find then easier but when i upgraded the studio it added cloud and now all the folders have been duplicated into cloud and some of my stuff is in the cloud folders and some are in the local user. I would prefer them all to be together in their folders that i made not separated lol
    local folders.JPGCloud.JPG
    I don't keep mine in the cloud not even the Tuesday freebie only the ones I mention in my previous post Helen but when I first updated to the cloud I had 2 of each file so I had to delete the duplicates

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Sandra View Post
    The designs you get with the machine cant be transferred to the cloud those are the only ones I have in my local library the rest are in the cloud saved on my hardrive and backed up on an external hard drive.
    I don't keep any except the ones that come with the machine in the library nothing in the cloud

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

The designs in your Local Folders can be moved to the Cloud Folders by dragging and dropping but you can't use that method to move things from the Cloud to your Local Folder. To get designs from the Cloud to your Local Folders you need to find the design in your Cloud, open it in Silhouette Studio then go to File and click 'Save As' and then "Save to Library" choose a sub folder in your Local User folder, name the file and click 'OK. A bit long winded as you have to do it file by file. Also a good idea to do backups of your Local Folder if you save lots there and don't have them saved and backed up on your PC.
    The Cloud folder is where any files you purchase from the Silhouette Store will be stored by default for free and they can always be recovered as can any of your own designs that you add to the Cloud. There is unlimited storage for all designs purchased from the Store and you get 1GB free for your own designs.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Ok so that makes more sense now. Thanks for explaining that Shirley. I shall set about saving them all to my hard drive and emptying the folders then. I can't be doing with it all disorganised like that

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Gosh why did they do this to us with this cloud, i had everything so organised before. Now i have tons of stuff to move

View Gallery

Ok so that makes more sense now. Thanks for explaining that Shirley. I shall set about saving them all to my hard drive and emptying the folders then. I can't be doing with it all disorganised like that
    I would save a screenshot with each of the files (in separate folders) so you know what each file looks like Helen. I really wish they would add a view option like they had in Robomaster so you can see what the actual file is

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Gosh why did they do this to us with this cloud, i had everything so organised before. Now i have tons of stuff to move
    I never have saved any of my own stuff in the Library, I like to have everything in folders on my PC so they automatically get included in my weekly backups to external drives without having to remember to do it. I think Studio loads faster with less in the Library anyway. I agree with you Doreen about having a thumbnail viewer, it was a good feature.

View Gallery

I agree with Studio loading faster with less in the library too many fonts slows the loading too especially with V4 because it's much bigger than V3 of the Cloud and twice the size of the non Cloud versions

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Drat i have a lot of organising to do then lol. I will try and get it all out of my library one day and then place them in folders on my hard drive.

View Gallery

Drat i have a lot of organising to do then lol. I will try and get it all out of my library one day and then place them in folders on my hard drive.

It would need to be an external one Helen otherwise you could lose them all if anything happened to your pc you could also use a usb stick