Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dedicated Scrapper heather belle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesleyN View Post
    I had the same problem when I first started playing with Inkscape. To prevent getting that strange shape, in Inkscape select the elipse & use option Path > Object to path before saving it as a dxf.
    Oh thanks lesley - I'm so pleased someone knows what I meant! I'll give it a go.

Thanks

Lover of Card Making and my latest friend - Robbie! annieinfrance's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Hi Heather

I'm not sure how small the pieces are you are trying to cut, I use magic tape to hold my scraps, so you can peel them off without damaging the card or paper after cutting and if you stick them somewhere handy you can use them several times before they loose their stick.
    What a great idea Lucille, I didn't think of that - now..... where are all my scraps of card ... !

Thanks for the tip

Annie x

View Gallery

Sorry I'm a bit late in my reply but I've been away and have just caught up with this thread.

Whilst I can't address everything mentioned, I can comment regarding some of the software questions.

Quote Originally Posted by heather belle
    There seems to be no way I can design in my existing software on my PC and save it as a gsd. What do I need? Do I need Design Master or Inkscape?
    GSD is Robomasters own proprietry format. Which, sadly, means that it is pretty isolated in regards to it's use within other software. You can save in dxf format and open that in Robomaster but 3rd party support for the GSD format is limited.

We are currently looking at getting full GSD support added to DesignMaster but I would say that it will be a while before that is finished. You can currently import some GSD files in to Designmaster using the Import function in the file menu but complex files can cause it problems.

In the mean time, the experts here at UKS have found many ways to convert between formats and have posted plenty of tutorials on the subject. So you should find a way to do most things even if it isn't an ideal solution.

Quote Originally Posted by heather belle
    I was grateful for the link for the Crafty Club and I've now registered. Unfortunately some of the free downloads have viruses in them
    I can assure you that non of the files on the Crafty-Club have any virus infections. I am a massive security geek when it comes to computers, and I've personally tested the downloads with various scanners and they are clean. The 'problem' is caused by inaccurate antivirus software bringing up false positives. AVG and Avast seem to be the worst for this.

For peace of mind you can always use this site here to check any file against 36 different virus scanners. As an example, I tested one of the templates zip files, the love templates. Out of 36 scanners, 2 brought up false positives, with Avast being one of those, whilst 34 other scanners classed the file as clean. From experience, I have found that the most trusted are NOD32, Kaspersky and BitDefender. If those 3 all say a file is clean, then in my opinion it is clean and I would be willing to run the file on any PC I own.

Quote Originally Posted by lucylogic
    I am disappointed that they didnt put more undo's on the new software, we have asked for that time and time again. Guess they didnt listen once again
    Sadly, we do not control the development of Robomaster. Robomaster's development is in the hands of Graphtec japan. We certainly do listen to our customers and often relay requested features and/or bugs to japan but we can only make suggestions towards the softwares improvements we cannot demand a feature be added.

I hope that answers a few of the software related questions.
    Technical Support
    Graphtec GB
    www.graphtecgb.co.uk

Dedicated Scrapper heather belle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Thank you Brian for your messages.

I'm pleased to report that I'm getting around some of the problems - using the autotrace for example and saving frequently if designing anything in the Robomaster!

My antivirus software was obvioously over zealous! (But would rather it that way!)

This is a very helpful place to be - I appreciate it. This is one of the reasons why I wanted a Robo because of the wealth of information and support. Carry on the good work.

Thanks! Heather

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thank you Brian for including my comment in your post. It is good to know that Graphtec are listening and putting our comments forward to Japan. I'm sure we understand that demanding an inclusion is a no no, but more like suggestions. It just appeared that we weren't listened to. What is narky about it is that the majority of software programs come with more than just 1 undo!!! In fact this program is the only one that I've come across with this feature. Thank you for explaining though, it is much appreciated.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

bleh

Hello from Spain.
    I have purchased a Craft Robo Lite a week ago.
    Initially I think to return it to vendor but some days after It finally likes me.
    But I have some mistakes about it.
    I know that Craft Robo Lite doesn't have laser view and it can't use reposition marks.
    I want to print any designs with my printer and before cutting with my Lite.
    I would like to know if there's someone that use this features manually.
    I just test with Adjustment but I can't to adjust to print my printers jobs.
    Sorry if I don't explain very well, I'm Spanish and I don't speak english very well.

Is there any users from Spain like me?

Message transcript in Spanish:
    Hola desde España. Me compré una Craft Robo Lite hace una semana. Inicialmente pensé en devolverla pero tras varios días finalmente empezó a gustarme, aunque tengo algunos problemas con ella.
    Se que la Craft Robo Lite no tiene lente y no se puede utilizar las marcas para reposicionarse.
    Quiero imprimir algunos diseños con mi impresora y luego cortarlos con la Craft Robo.
    Me gustaría saber si hay alguien que lo haya hecho manualmente.
    He probado con los ajuster pero no puesto dejarla bien con los trabajos que imprimo.

Un saludo...

Best regards to all....