Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Email sent. Will update on what they have to say.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Thanks Helen, it's seems one problem gets solved only for another one to appear

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Ok so Silhouette support were no help at all. This was their response to my email.

Helen,

Thank you for your feedback concerning the machine and software. We are glad that you are now successfully able to operate with your machine. However, to further help you we would like to try a few things so that you will have full functionality of the machine. Some of the bugs in the software have already been fixed, so it's possible that the problems you have been running into were already resolved in a recent update of the software. Please try to update your software and let us know if you run into any problems.

Silhouette America provides free updates from time-to-time for the Silhouette Studio® program to enhance certain capabilities, as well as resolve software bugs found in previous versions. All software updates may be freely obtained at http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/sof...houette-studio.

If you are running the upgraded Designer Edition version, please note that updating your software will not remove your license key or require you to re-purchase a license key. There is a difference between "updating" (which provide updates for the software from version to version) and "upgrading" (which is moving from the basic version to the Designer Edition version). As new updates to the Silhouette Studio software are offered, please rest assured that the updates may be safely performed and will apply to both the basic standard version and the Designer Edition version.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Silhouette Support Team

Now since i made it clear to them in my email that i was running on the new update when all this was happening. This advise is totally useless to me. Now i am stuck with having to run my new cameo 2 on the old V2 software where i can no longer use my pixscan mat or access my files. Not a very happy bunny grrrrrrr

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by ellygreen View Post
    Ok so Silhouette support were no help at all. This was their response to my email.

Helen,

Thank you for your feedback concerning the machine and software. We are glad that you are now successfully able to operate with your machine. However, to further help you we would like to try a few things so that you will have full functionality of the machine. Some of the bugs in the software have already been fixed, so it's possible that the problems you have been running into were already resolved in a recent update of the software. Please try to update your software and let us know if you run into any problems.

Silhouette America provides free updates from time-to-time for the Silhouette Studio® program to enhance certain capabilities, as well as resolve software bugs found in previous versions. All software updates may be freely obtained at http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/sof...houette-studio.

If you are running the upgraded Designer Edition version, please note that updating your software will not remove your license key or require you to re-purchase a license key. There is a difference between "updating" (which provide updates for the software from version to version) and "upgrading" (which is moving from the basic version to the Designer Edition version). As new updates to the Silhouette Studio software are offered, please rest assured that the updates may be safely performed and will apply to both the basic standard version and the Designer Edition version.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Silhouette Support Team

Now since i made it clear to them in my email that i was running on the new update when all this was happening. This advise is totally useless to me. Now i am stuck with having to run my new cameo 2 on the old V2 software where i can no longer use my pixscan mat or access my files. Not a very happy bunny grrrrrrr
    I would definitely put that in an email back to them.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Yes i have done so. So lets see what they come back with now

View Gallery

Thanks for letting us know Helen although the reply wasn't any help at all to you, please keep us updated and fingers crossed they can be more help

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I had a new Cameo delivered to me this week and I was sooooo excited to get it having never had a Cameo or anything similar before.. I spent all my Christmas money on it. bought it through Amazon, plugged it in...the touch screen fluttered into life and then before I had even selected the language in the settings..the screen went dead never to come back on again, it is now packed up in readiness to return to the seller! So disappointing! Maybe I should wait I until they have ironed out all the glitches?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by elainevking View Post
    I had a new Cameo delivered to me this week and I was sooooo excited to get it having never had a Cameo or anything similar before.. I spent all my Christmas money on it. bought it through Amazon, plugged it in...the touch screen fluttered into life and then before I had even selected the language in the settings..the screen went dead never to come back on again, it is now packed up in readiness to return to the seller! So disappointing! Maybe I should wait I until they have ironed out all the glitches?
    That is so disappointing. Have you tried deleting the Studio software, rebooting your computer and installing the downloaded version from Silhouette? I always save the download then open and install.

http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/sof...houette-studio

If it works then unpack your Cameo.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by elainevking View Post
    I've read what several people say about the touch screen not responding so I wouldn't think it's the software. If it was me I would look for one of the original Cameo's rather than the Cameo 2

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

That truly is upsetting. Don't let it put you off though they are great machines. Maybe do as Doreen says and go for the button cameo instead of the touch screen. I don't seem to have had a problem with that as yet.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Just a quick update. I have finally had enough of this problem so i have arranged for the machine to go back and either be replaced with another or have a refund.

View Gallery

Can#t say I blame you Helen. I hope you have more luck if you go for another one

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Which machine do you have at present Doreen? Have got the cameo or cameo 2?

View Gallery

I've got the original Cameo and a Portrait Helen. Graphtec still have the original on their website here http://graphtecgb.co/cutting-machines/

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

If they don't send a replacement I might think about getting the original from graphtec.
    I will have to wait and see if they replace it first. If they do and it does the same then I shall send it back again then maybe get the original instead