Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)

Stuff is happening....

Hello all!

I have been beavering away behind the scenes to tidy up the UKS archives. The archives, as I use the term, means all the stuff that is only in the Home Page publishing.

All of this is in preparation to move to a new server. As you may have seen the old one is having issues To move, we also have to move to a new version of vB, and that does not support the HomePage software and the HP contents can't be converted.

Last year we moved all of the CyberCrop stuff into the forum, so the old classes wouldn't be lost. I've recently deleted a lot of ancient stuff, going back to 2005, some of it, and things like the Holiday publishing, which was really just links to Gallery posts and blog posts. I've deleted old Font of the Week posts pre-2014 (SO many dead links it was pointless to keep them) and moved some of the CyberCrop-like events into the forums and moved previously closed and hidden forums like Scrap Like You Mean it, to the Older Challenges sub-forum. You've seen the Sultry Summer Stash Bash posts popping up, as making them posts (they were only ever on the Home Page) gives me an easy way to collect them into one place later.

I am about to tackle the Library. My strong feeling is that again, there are so many old, dead links (there must be 1000 links to 2Peas in there, across all the entries!) and times have moved on since most of the posts were created. I know off the top of my head of a handful of things that are worth keeping - like links to the grid paper generators that let you create a PDF for printing of any colour grid paper in many styles as one example.

What I would love is you anyone who has time to pop in to the Library and then post anything they are keen for me to keep, in this thread.

Have a browse - if you see something that you feel will be worth keeping, check it out. If all the links are dead but you want it to stay and want better links, say so. I'll do the work to find the links and make a new post in the forum.

After that I will be deleting much, if not all of the Digi-scrapping stuff from the HomePage but not the forums. 100% of it is years out of date. And Scrap Musings. And BlogBits pre-2015.

Before the move to the new server I also plan on deleting the Difficult Topics forum. I think the time has come to fold that back into the Community chat section. I'll be looking at some of the other forums as well to determine if they are being used enough to warrant keeping of if they can be rolled into another one. I am aiming to streamline things as much as possible.

I guess the point is if there is something on UKS that you refer back to again and again, now is probably the time to capture it on your machine. Or make a case for keeping it in the active part of the forum.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Thanks Mary-Anne

Dedicated Scrapper lemonblossom's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (28)
    Exploding boxes would be a good one to keep & another thing to revive & make once more.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    Thank you for all your hard work on this forum, Mary-Anne, much appreciated
    Lyn

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonblossom View Post
    Exploding boxes would be a good one to keep & another thing to revive & make once more.
    noted.

You're never too old to try something new ;) TinkerHamilton's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Thank you MaryAnne for all the effort you put into keeping us happy.

Tink
    Member of the Scrappycats

Scrapping is my hobby Housework isn't Mary Buttons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    thank you so much for you hard work Mary we really do appreciate it. I very seldom refer to the home page except for FOTW which I do like as I've found so really great fonts that way and use so many of them.
    Scrappycats Team Green Button house
    My Blog Mary's Musings