Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thankyou for your concern I to thought you would not have to buy anything else and did hope (I`m a silly fool ) that because of all the problems they would have issued the metal plate for free but no and to add insult to injury it has not helped one bit I think I am on a looser with this guy all he will offer in the way of help is to send the machine back for testing its going back alright but not for testing regards pippa

View Gallery

Pippa, we know you are not the only one to complain. I am trying to arrange when I can take mine back but he says there is no one there until Tuesday, I work full time so can only go at the weekend

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Crafty as a box of monkeys it says on their web site that the shop is open 10.30am to 3.30pm on Saturdays if that is of any help

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I must be the complete opposite to you ladies I have been using my machine since receiving it and am very happy with it. I have also had nothing but excellent service from this company during all the years I have been buying from them.

I have read on another forum that spellbinders have brought out a metal plate to aid the cutting of some of their more complex dies this says to me that they believe some of these dies are an issue.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

jus-cutz

hi pippa,

I too am looking to replace grand calibur and the jus-cutz machine looked right for me, but as I use a lot of spellbinders dies can you tell which ones you are trouble with.

Many thanks

diecutter

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi there these are the dies I tried to cut with with no luck Cattails,Flower Burst, Medallion 5,Poppy Patch have more dies but gave up would be very careful about which machine to buy

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

ar die cutting

may I ask what machine you use to cut these at the moment

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have the Grand Calibur and they all cut with no problems hope this is of help

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

a4 machine

I am surprised I sold my grand calibur because I just couldn't get it to do what the big shot does, but I suppose it likes marmite you either love it or hate it

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Never tried the Big Shot so don`t know have the Cuttlebug found that to be ok but a bit small wanted A4 size so bought the Grand Calibur had no problems but it`s getting a bit long in the tooth (like me) so decided to buy the jus-cutz it did sound good but as said earlier a big disappointment and a lot of money to waste

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Problems cutting dies with the Jus Cutz die cutting machine

Hi Pippa
    There is a new entry on the Once Upon a Stamp blog. You are not alone having problems. Have a read - it seems you DO need an additional plate to cut some dies, plus a spray. In addition there is a brand of dies it does not cut - would be helpful if they gave the name of this brand.
    Hope things get resolved to your satisfaction.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

As I understand what has been said it is not all of this brand of dies it won't cut just some of the very complicated ones, I also believe that he has been moaned at for speaking ill of another brand of goods ......in fact there is a post on page one of this thread by Krafty1 saying just that, that she is uncomfortable with the way he speaks of other brands (sorry I don't know how to quote from another comment) so as the saying goes you can't please all the people all the time. The brand is question is Cheery Lynn as I have read on the blog before and it is the very details doillie type that are causing most of the problems and I did see Karen cut one of these in the shop but it took a few passes and the spray for it to work. Hope this helps xx

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    I am currently road testing the fiskars fuse machine, i have not done a blof post on it yet as i have not had a great deal of time to play but so far its looking good, it wont take the mega thick accucut dies that the BSP will do but other than that its been coping fine with everything else!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi there thankyou for your help it is much appreciated have heard nothing as yet from the man he would have received the machine back on Saturday, I am fully expecting him to say it cuts perfectly, and the dies I have been trying to cut are not the very difficult ones all Spellbinders, do not have any of the others mentioned, Have also just read the blog on Once upon a stamp this has made me so upset as all I was told when I first said there was a problem was it was my fault I must be doing something wrong it would appear from the blog that there must be an awful lot of us doing something wrong
    Last edited by pippa; 29-07-2013 at 12:40 PM. Reason: more information

Janina Beckett
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (82)
    They've been away over the weekend and got back last night...that's what I read on their blog today it also mentions about the problems cutting some dies.