Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PixScan Mat

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi Neries
    I am using a hp envy printer scanner I have a Cameo so my mat it not long but wide so I have to scan twice once is upside down as I have hinges too but it did stitch together.
    But the cut was not accurate white bits showing .
    I am Lucky as I bought a camera that calibrates on its own without having to use the dots but it still very picky about the pictures accepts some not others no good trying at night as lighting is not good enough and again cutting not accurate.
    I hope silhouette try and solve all these problems as you say it's very frustrating.
    And the mats and cameras are not cheap.
    I am still trying to get it to work properly hopefully it will be one day.
    Good luck with yours.

Dakflowers

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Unless you have an A3 scanner it does not work.
    Hi Neries, I'm sorry to hear you have had problems with the PixScan feature but I can assure you it works fine with A4 scanners, I have personally used it with a Canon Lide25 and a Epson SX425W without any problems. Please have a look at my video in the other thread and hopefully it will help a bit.

A helpful tip: you always want to put the mat in the scanner so the shortest side of the mat is against the longest side of the scanner.

On a portrait mat this means you are scanning the top half of the mat and then the bottom half of the mat. On the Cameo mats you are scanning the right side of the mat and then the left side. This is why the Cameo mats are not 12x12 because if they were 12x12 there would be no short side to fit in a A4 scanner and you would be forced to use a A3 scanner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakflowers View Post
    I bought a camera that calibrates on its own without having to use the dots
    I'd be interested in the details of this because my understanding is that any camera will need calibrating to work accurately, you might get it to work but I doubt it would be accurate without prior calibration. Could you please share the make & model of your camera so I can look in to it?
    Last edited by BrianP; 02-09-2014 at 02:33 PM.
    Technical Support
    Graphtec GB
    www.graphtecgb.co.uk

View Gallery

Hi Brian
    I am a member of another forum and they have a list of cameras that you
    do not need to calibrate. It does it automtically as soon as you put the picture on.
    I can't give you a link as there not a sponsor.

Mine recognises the picture without calibration it's a
    Nokia lumina 520 like on the list below.

I can assure you it does work.

This is part of the website I got the info from I think like you they have been testing the new pix scan mats . They are an American web site.

(What smartphones/tablets are supported without calibration?

Kindle Fire HDX
    Apple iPad mini
    Apple iPhone 4s
    Apple iPhone 5c
    Apple iPhone 5s
    HTC Desire 300
    HTC EVOV 4G
    Nokia Lumia 520
    Panasonic DMC-TZ55
    Samsung GT-P3113
    Samsung SM-T230
    Samsung SPH-L720
    Samsung WB250F, WB251F, WB252F
    Sony C6603)

Hope this info is ok for you.
    Dakflowers
    Last edited by Dakflowers; 02-09-2014 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Spelling

View Gallery

Thanks for the info. I've dropped an email to the developers now to see if I can get a complete list of any devices that are supported without need for calibration. If I get any updated info I'll let you know.
    Technical Support
    Graphtec GB
    www.graphtecgb.co.uk

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianP View Post
    Hi Neries, I'm sorry to hear you have had problems with the PixScan feature but I can assure you it works fine with A4 scanners, I have personally used it with a Canon Lide25 and a Epson SX425W without any problems. Please have a look at my video in the other thread and hopefully it will help a bit.

A helpful tip: you always want to put the mat in the scanner so the shortest side of the mat is against the longest side of the scanner.

On a portrait mat this means you are scanning the top half of the mat and then the bottom half of the mat. On the Cameo mats you are scanning the right side of the mat and then the left side. This is why the Cameo mats are not 12x12 because if they were 12x12 there would be no short side to fit in a A4 scanner and you would be forced to use a A3 scanner.

I'd be interested in the details of this because my understanding is that any camera will need calibrating to work accurately, you might get it to work but I doubt it would be accurate without prior calibration. Could you please share the make & model of your camera so I can look in to it?
    Thank you so much Brian, I followed your youtube link and suggestion in your emails about updating my Canon software/drivers.

It worked a perfect stitiched file from two scans.

I am a happy bunny.

I just need now a solution as to why I have the blue warning message with an imported camera file that it does not match my camera calibration. It's the same camera taking the photos.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Thank you so much Brian, I followed your youtube link and suggestion in your emails about updating my Canon software/drivers.

It worked a perfect stitiched file from two scans.

I am a happy bunny.

I just need now a solution as to why I have the blue warning message with an imported camera file that it does not match my camera calibration. It's the same camera taking the photos.
    Glad you've got at least got the scanner sorted

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Dakflowers View Post
    (What smartphones/tablets are supported without calibration?

Kindle Fire HDX
    Apple iPad mini
    Apple iPhone 4s
    Apple iPhone 5c
    Apple iPhone 5s
    HTC Desire 300
    HTC EVOV 4G
    Nokia Lumia 520
    Panasonic DMC-TZ55
    Samsung GT-P3113
    Samsung SM-T230
    Samsung SPH-L720
    Samsung WB250F, WB251F, WB252F
    Sony C6603)

Hope this info is ok for you.
    Dakflowers
    Just a quick update on this. I've spoken to the developers and the plan is to have as many profiles included by default as possible, so long term less and less users will need to do calibration because most phones should have already been calibrated and officially added to the software. I'm currently in the process of helping create new profiles to be added to Studio, I've got the Nexus 4 and Samsung S5 done already so they should be added for the next release and I'll be liberating my colleagues phones to add them in the next few days.
    Technical Support
    Graphtec GB
    www.graphtecgb.co.uk

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Thanks Brian