Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: slow software

Dedicated Scrapper sugar n spice's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)

slow software

Has anyone noticed that the newest version of silhouette cameo software is slow to respond when you have several items on the one page together either to be cut or just when you are trying to move them and work on them??
    Or is it just me??

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    No it's not just you, have a look here it should help http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...96&postcount=1

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    I am so glad I don't update mine! Never have any issues.. at all with my version
    Tina craft robo

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I've given up and kept version 2, in spite of really wanting to use the pixscan facility.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I have had problems with my old version over the past couple of days - so downloaded the new one!!! BIG mistake!! It didn't work at all - it almost drove me to tears yesterday.

Thank goodness for UKS - I recalled that somebody had put a link to a previous version so uninstalled the new one (which had wiped my older version during installation by the way) and downloaded the older one. Everything is hunky dory now I'm pleased to say.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by yiayia View Post
    I have had problems with my old version over the past couple of days - so downloaded the new one!!! BIG mistake!! It didn't work at all - it almost drove me to tears yesterday.

Thank goodness for UKS - I recalled that somebody had put a link to a previous version so uninstalled the new one (which had wiped my older version during installation by the way) and downloaded the older one. Everything is hunky dory now I'm pleased to say.
    Sorry V3 isn't working for you.
    I uploaded the link to V3 and updated it each time there was a new update but i also left the link to the V2 in case anyone needed it although if SA decide to remove V2 from their website the link wont work any more so it's a good idea to save the download of V2 in case you ever need to go back to that version

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    No it's not just you, have a look here it should help http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...96&postcount=1
    done that still seems to be slower than before

View Gallery

Mine seems ok I wonder if it's the amount of memory on your computer

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Doreen is right, your OS could be playing a part in it, but it could also be to do with how much is stored in the library. I spent ages transferring all the free files that end up in the library out of it and into a seperate folder (with a thumbnail of each file to show what it is without having to open it). Yes, it is still a big folder but it no longer sits within the programme so doesn't have to be loaded when you open and use the programme. I think the Studio programme itself is getting larger and more cumbersome - that happens with so much now though, look at Paintshop Pro

Andi

View Gallery

hmm could be the memory in my computer thanks anyway

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by AndiDee View Post
    Doreen is right, your OS could be playing a part in it, but it could also be to do with how much is stored in the library. I spent ages transferring all the free files that end up in the library out of it and into a seperate folder (with a thumbnail of each file to show what it is without having to open it). Yes, it is still a big folder but it no longer sits within the programme so doesn't have to be loaded when you open and use the programme. I think the Studio programme itself is getting larger and more cumbersome - that happens with so much now though, look at Paintshop Pro

Andi
    Ive always kept mine on an external drive instead of the library along with a thumbnail Andi mainly because I didn't want to loose them. I also have them backed up on another external drive just in case LOL