Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Shirley I thought I did click on the windows version. I ended up using Google Chrome as I.E. would not download it at all and Silhouette Store told me on every screen that my web browser was out of date.

I am thinking of getting Windows 7 from the bay to update from Vista. Used the Microsoft checker and it says my laptop will run it but the H.P. drivers may need updating. Why is it software and hardware become outdated so quickly?
    From what I've read IE is no longer supported so it's probably out of date Margaret. I hope you've managed to install Studio now

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I am trying to load the new version on to my laptop but it gets to 21% then stops, can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anns folly View Post
    I am trying to load the new version on to my laptop but it gets to 21% then stops, can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please
    Ann the first time I installed it on my aging laptop lunchtime today the shortcut was missing, so something went wrong. I downloaded and installed it again and it worked the second time. It seems to run on Vista o.k. so far but I did not have time to check it out properly as we were going out.

View Gallery

Try downloading it again like Margaret had to Ann.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Ann the first time I installed it on my aging laptop lunchtime today the shortcut was missing, so something went wrong. I downloaded and installed it again and it worked the second time. It seems to run on Vista o.k. so far but I did not have time to check it out properly as we were going out.
    I'm surprised it works with Vista Margaret I'm sure SA said V3 wouldn't even work with that but if it does that's great

View Gallery

Thank you ladies for your help.
    I tried four times last night to download it and it downright refused, today it decided to play nice so I am up and running and me and my laptop are now friends again

View Gallery

I have given up trying to download V.4. The first time I downloaded the Windows version by mistake so deleted that and tried the Mac version but it fails part way through every time. I PM'd Brian but he didn't respond so I'm stuck with V.3 for the time being. I wonder why so many people have had problems downloading it.
    Shirley

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by BowBow View Post
    I have given up trying to download V.4. The first time I downloaded the Windows version by mistake so deleted that and tried the Mac version but it fails part way through every time. I PM'd Brian but he didn't respond so I'm stuck with V.3 for the time being. I wonder why so many people have had problems downloading it.
    Shirley
    Brian's not on here very often if it's from here you messaged him Shirley..... be best if you phoned or emailed both the phone number and email address are at the bottom of Graphtec's website
    Last edited by DJG; 22-05-2017 at 12:44 PM.

View Gallery

Thank you Doreen, will get around to doing that sometime. Not doing much crafting at the moment, just got fed up with all the technical problems I've had of late so giving it a rest. I think technology is moving too fast for me these days, my brain is having trouble keeping up. Computers are like cars, when they work they're wonderful but when they don't they're h..l. Having a cooking and baking phase for a change of creativity.
    Shirley.

View Gallery

Thank you Doreen, will get around to doing that sometime. Not doing much crafting at the moment, just got fed up with all the technical problems I've had of late so giving it a rest. I think technology is moving too fast for me these days, my brain is having trouble keeping up. Computers are like cars, when they work they're wonderful but when they don't they're h..l. Having a cooking and baking phase for a change of creativity.
    Shirley.
    You're right when you say thy're wonderful when they work but a pain when the don't Shirley

View Gallery

I PM'd Brian but he didn't respond
    Sorry but I have only just seen this. If you have a question for me it is best to email me or phone, it is too easy to miss messages on here.

As for the question itself, I can't say for sure why you are having problems, I've had no other reports of it from other v4 users, and I have just installed v4 on my mac running El Capitan to check it and it is working fine here, so it is not an El Capitan related problem that I can see.

It could be a general permissions issue on your mac though, we see this quite often with macs. To test this, try creating a new user on your mac, login to that new user and then try to install v4.
    Technical Support
    Graphtec GB
    www.graphtecgb.co.uk

View Gallery

Many thanks Brian, will try that later and post result on here.
    Shirley

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Many thanks Brian, will try that later and post result on here.
    Shirley
    I don't know how it works on a Mac but i do know that on windows if you uninstall something it does not always get rid of the programme completely it leaves bits behind and you have to go delete those manually. If you don't it won't do a completely fresh install. I know how to do all that for the studio on windows but have no clue with a mac. Another thing someone was having trouble the other day trying to install V4 on their windows pc. She had bluetooth switched on on the machine but also had it plugged in with the USB cord, I told her to try turning off the bluetooth and just leave the cord connected and it worked for her.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ellygreen View Post
    I don't know how it works on a Mac but i do know that on windows if you uninstall something it does not always get rid of the programme completely it leaves bits behind and you have to go delete those manually. If you don't it won't do a completely fresh install. I know how to do all that for the studio on windows but have no clue with a mac. Another thing someone was having trouble the other day trying to install V4 on their windows pc. She had bluetooth switched on on the machine but also had it plugged in with the USB cord, I told her to try turning off the bluetooth and just leave the cord connected and it worked for her.
    I just uninstall it then install the new version Helen I assume that the bits left behind work with the new version

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by ellygreen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    I just uninstall it then install the new version Helen I assume that the bits left behind work with the new version
    If I want to uninstall completely I use a free uninstall program (IObit) that searches the registry for bits left behind and asks if I want to delete what it finds.