Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

I can't believe she messed up again

Well the title says it all

Hayley prepare prepare prepare.

View Gallery

Everything was going well until she tried to remove the design from the Card or paper, how can anyone new to electronic cutting believe that the Silhouette Cameo is capable of cutting anything; when 1 simple design can't be shown cutting successfully. When Mel demonstrates the Cricut the amount of designs that she manages to make that machine cuts, makes people forget that they are limited to the patterns that are available on the expensive cartridges......

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I missed the show, but from comments I think it's a great pity that Vicky isn't still with Graphtec as she was a very competent demonstrator.

Angel - I've always been impressed with Mel's demonstrations and knowledge - if I'd ever considered a Cricut, she'd have been the one to convince me!

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I had it on in the background, then thanks to the Sky box took it back to the beginning to fast forward only stopping on what I thought was interesting and had missed, not a lot!!!!! The program was advertised as Cards with Silhouette CAMEO!!!!!!

Tina's samples from her new CD looked really lovely but the rest was just waffle (sorry sales spiel). I normally like Dean, but this afternoon he was worse than Nigel. One small demo which went wrong, the Cameo owner phoning in last time was repeated. Hayley did mention checking your blade depth against he card and went through a list of materials with little samples it will cut, including Centura Pearl, which will not cut properly on my Cameo.

I think the programs gets worse not better.

View Gallery

I watched it i thought it was terrible only one demonstration that went wrong!!
    And a load of waffle.

(Tinas designs were beautiful though.)

But whare were the 'cards'.

If Hayley has got a Cameo surely by now she would be quite expert at creating 'cards' with it.

I was verydissapointed again.

Does our Brilliant Cameos no good at all.

Dakflowers

Dedicated Crafter
    View Gallery

I agree I sat there waiting and waiting for what as you say one demo that went wrong all they could do was to repeat themselves over and over a 1 hour show is not long enough to show the Cameo to its full potential.
    I had a relative here at the weekend and when I showed her what it could go a bit of a novice myself (although I think that I could show it off better than Hayley) she was so taken with it that she ordered one when she got home.

View Gallery

I forgot to watch this one, but from what is being said here and what I saw in previous shows, she does not use a Cameo, which makes you wonder where her loyalties really lie.

I might be naive, but wouldn't you think knowing this show was coming up she would have planned some nice demo's and actually practised them before hand. One thing for sure she isn't doing Graphtec any favours.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Dedicated Scrapper tutti-frutti's Avatar
    View Gallery

I think that maybe Hayley has too many fingers in too many pies. I've seen her demo many many other crafts such as knitting or craft CDs etc. and all her programmes seem to lack REAL demos which makes her a sort of Jack/Jane of all trades but master/mistress of none!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by tutti-frutti View Post
    I think that maybe Hayley has too many fingers in too many pies. I've seen her demo many many other crafts such as knitting or craft CDs etc. and all her programmes seem to lack REAL demos which makes her a sort of Jack/Jane of all trades but master/mistress of none!
    Too bad that C&C producers or whoever don't think the same, but then they aren't the most professional of channels are they, it's like "never mind the quality, feel the width" with them.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Why o why is Hailey demoing the Cameo she is totally maligning a great machine she hasnt a clue definitely not doing Graphtec any favours

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I read on another forum a post by Hayley a while ago and if I remember rightly she described herself as a freelance craft demonstrator and Graphtec was one of her clients.

To be fair to C&C I find some of their programs are real good with some very talented guests, Sheena Douglas, Sue Wilson, Barbara Grey, Joanna Sheen, Mel Heaton, Matthew Palmer. Even my hubby will watch Sheen, Barbara and Matthew and he does not like t.v. shopping. The camera work on the demons is really good and far better than QVC. I think it also really depends upon the producers in the gallery getting it right and with the Cameo programs so far they are failing. Maybe they think just saying what the Cameo can do and showing the finished samples is enough to sell the machine.

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

If anything sold the Cameo to people yesterday then it was Tina's cards that were on display and not Hayley. I find that she 'fumbles' through the whole show not really telling anyone anything and instead of saying 'oh, that demo when wrong, lets do it again' and laughing it off, she stands there for what seemed like 20 minutes trying to get the design off the carrier, while the presenter waffles on a bit.

As you say Lucille, having Hayley as a demonstrator does not do Graphtec any favours at all, they need to stop using her and find someone who can demo the machine properly.

ohhhh i seee :) thanks
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (33)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    I read on another forum a post by Hayley a while ago and if I remember rightly she described herself as a freelance craft demonstrator and Graphtec was one of her clients.
    On another thread I put a link to a website which had a profile of Hayley saying just that - that she's a freelance craft demonstrator for various companies.

I recorded a two hour prog on the silhouette once where she demo'd and she seemed extremely excited and seemed to know what she was doing however she only really showed on aspect of it - she demonstrated how to make your own frame using a single design then she cut it out. She waffled a lot about things that never materialised. She said she cuts decoupage out on it and that she would show everyone how to do that but it never happened and I was very disappointed. She definitely did not show off the machine to its full potential and I didn't understand exactly what it could do until after I bought it.

I've never seen her do the cameo though - something to be avoided if you ask me - oh I tell a lie - she was on the Graphtec stall at the NEC in Brimingham last November but I didn't actually see her do anything specific

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

As you have all said, it was a complete disaster AGAIN.
    On another website, this was the complaint yesterday and also after the last time it all went wrong. Hayley herself came on there to comment on the posts in tones that did her NO favours, ending with saying Graphtec pay her wages and they are delighted with her. As so many weeks have gone by, I was really looking forward to yesterday -coffee and scone and feet up, and I could have wept.
    Graphtec's own Corrine (sorry if thats spelt wrong) does beautiful work with the cameo - so they have their own in-house expert. If she is too shy at the thought there are loads of wonderful talented people on here whoI am sure would gladly show HOW to do things properly, what the heck are they thinking of?
    Tutti Frutti has hit the nail on the head in my opinion.
    Rant over - feel better now!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Uhm! Now let me see. I wonder what/who might benefit from rubbish demonstrations of the Cameo (A SUPERIOR CUTTING MACHINE) being broadcast by a shopping channel.

Is the channel also an authorised supplier of the Cameo, as well as other makes of cutting machine?