Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)

Any suggestions - Pink or Purple papers for friend recently diagnosed with cancer??

I'm hoping you'll be able to help me. My friend has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer and has asked if I will make her a book to record her journey. Her favourite colours are pink and purple, along with black . So I would appreciate suggestions for some nice papers I could use. She also likes Eyore, so any ideas related to incorporating him would also be welcome.
    Thank you - any responses will be much appreciated.
    Trish L

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    While I don't have any suggestions for a specific paper, what I would suggest is maybe a paper PACK. One of the tablets that has 20 or so papers that all coordinate would give a nice mix. I have a Tim Holtz pack that is pink and BLUE (for me, purple papers have been hard to find, historically - I might see one or two I like but never a huge selection and never ones from many lines that "go" together ) that has a nice mix of colours, and it might work to use them as the base and find a couple of nice purples to accent. Disney papers are out there (assuming it's the movie Eeyore and not the book illustration one you want) or maybe you could find a stamp you can use over and over again?

What a lovely idea. My sister recently had a double mastectomy and it is a hard thing to deal with. Scrapbooking a difficult time is something people don't always talk about, but like a written journal, it can help you make sense of it all, or at least process it better.

View Gallery

Thanks MaryAnne - that's really helpful. Wishing your sister all the best with her treatment and recovery.
    Trish L

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi, firstly sending loads of positive thoughts to your friend. As to pink papers Docrafts do a Capsule Collection in Wild Rose, which is a soft dusky pink and they do a collection called Midnight Blush which is black, white & cream. They also do all the embellishments to co-ordinate in both. Not sure if it's what you're after, but maybe worth a look. The paper packs were on offer in The Range for £4.95 for the 12 x 12 last week and you can see the whole line on Docrafts.com.

Let the good times roll......... CraftyPrincess's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    I look at loads of paper putting together kits and I've been trying to think for ages what the Pink Awareness one was because I can remember looking at it in a catalogue but I can't remember what it was! I think I may be thinking of the Teresa Collins Project Pink but if someone else has seen a Pink Awareness collection let me know, it's driving me bonkers trying to think of it again!

There's a couple you could look up that fit your colours, Authentique Classique Pretty is pinks and blacks and it has a vintage feel. It's nice in that it's pink but is kind of grown up and sophisticated.
    If you prefer a more modern/fashion quirky look then maybe Websters Pages Beautiful Chic. There's a lovely quote on one of the story teller paper sheets and it's pink with "I believe in you" in gold.
    Then if you're wanting to do something maybe Disney inspired and incorporate some eeyore then for sure look up the Simple Stories Enchanted collection as it's got lots of pink and purple and lots of the accents have Disney quotes on them.

Hope that helps, it's a lovely thing to do for your friend.
    Leo

View Gallery

Thanks everyone-that's really helpful
    Trish L

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I have recently been diagnosed with cervical cancer and have started a journal in a scrapbook. I plan to add pictures to show the good things that happen and things I need to be grateful for, amongst the less pleasant stuff. It's my second time with cancer ( I lost my colon 6 years ago) and I am hoping this will distract me !
    Life is 10% what happens to you,and 90% how you react to it.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    WRMK Hello Darling collection is a mix of bright pink, purple, lime, turquoise and black if your friend likes bright colours.
    Hopes go out to her and all other sufferers xx