Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

What's the latest ROBO

Hi All lost my card making mojo some time ago [very slack of me] and recently found it again.

However I believe my 100-20 robo is now so old you can't get drivers for W7 64bit so looks like I need an updated model. As I been out of the chat for a long while can anyone point me the direction of what is now available and recommendations please?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
    Hi All lost my card making mojo some time ago [very slack of me] and recently found it again.

However I believe my 100-20 robo is now so old you can't get drivers for W7 64bit so looks like I need an updated model. As I been out of the chat for a long while can anyone point me the direction of what is now available and recommendations please?
    Unless you really want to replace it why not download the Silhouette Studio software which comes with the machines now it works with the blue lidded Robo. No need for separate drivers unlike Robomaster. You can download it free from here , (just scroll down the page a bit) it says Mac but if you have a pc just click the little arrow to the right to get the dropdown box to choose the pc version

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I am still using my Robo on Windows 8.1, and Silhouette with no problems mayfly, so as Doreen suggests, why not download it and give it a try. If there isn't a problem with your machine I would keep it going.

View Gallery

Thanks for the heads up and the help it's much appreciated. My Robo has hardly been used tbh so if I can carry on using it that would be brilliant.

When Doreen said the blue lidded one it didn't ring a bell so I a quick look told me it's a grey lidded version and the plate on the back says it's a 200-20 so newer than I thought.

I have downloaded the software, tho' I would prefer to use coreldraw, however that's a minor obstacle. What is a problem at the minute is the Robo isn't showing in the printer list but when I first started the Silhouette software it say it had detected it, so not sure where to go from here.

Any suggestions?

View Gallery

Aha just found a sent to button and the Robo relieved the instructions.

Just need to order a new carrier sheet now, I saw mine not long ago but can I find it now - grrrr.....

Thanks ever so much.

View Gallery

Thanks for the heads up and the help it's much appreciated. My Robo has hardly been used tbh so if I can carry on using it that would be brilliant.

When Doreen said the blue lidded one it didn't ring a bell so I a quick look told me it's a grey lidded version and the plate on the back says it's a 200-20 so newer than I thought.

I have downloaded the software, tho' I would prefer to use coreldraw, however that's a minor obstacle. What is a problem at the minute is the Robo isn't showing in the printer list but when I first started the Silhouette software it say it had detected it, so not sure where to go from here.

Any suggestions?
    Yes yours is a newer one if it has a grey lid. It doesn't show up as a printer in Studio. I believe Corel Draw can save as a DXF so you could save it and open it in Studio to cut it if you can't cut from Corel Draw. I don't use my Corel Draw but maybe someone can tell you if you can cut directly from that

View Gallery

Aha just found a sent to button and the Robo relieved the instructions.

Just need to order a new carrier sheet now, I saw mine not long ago but can I find it now - grrrr.....

Thanks ever so much.
    Just seen this post after I posted a reply LOL, glad you've got it sorted

View Gallery

For info I have discovered that Silhouette sell a plugin for Illustrator and Coreldraw to enable cutting straight from both.

View Gallery

For info I have discovered that Silhouette sell a plugin for Illustrator and Coreldraw to enable cutting straight from both.
    That's great you can use your preferred software now