Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Studio 1.9.2

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by BathBelle View Post
    Angel have you noticed this comment hidden at the very end of the calibration instructions, over the page.

Additional test results are not necessary as further resulting test cuts will yield the same results on the test page and fall in line with the new adjusted number. You should only perform this test once.

I made that text red, but it seems to say to me that you cannot repeat the process, what do you reckon?

Ruth
    Quote Originally Posted by fimcc4168 View Post
    I agree, repeat tests one after the other are futile. Cuts in same place, or 0.01mm difference, perhaps.

But in my case, I took out the software and did it all over again. Page 51 specifies using the top left cross for the calibration. I believe the instructions are, shall we say a little less than specific, and there is a little reading between the lines. I personally couldn't use the vertical and horizontal line adjustments. I press the arrow down button until the cutter was more or less above the centre of the cross, then pressed the left button to guide it to just past the tip of the left cross. (I think I took a second pass at this just to the left again, 0.2mm approx). Only do this if you measured the cut square from the printed square.

Hope that makes sense.

Will check back to see hop you go.

[As an aside, don't worry about doing the calibration again, Silhouette assured me that I could do it after another cut i.e. new project perhaps not cutting exactly, then I could do it again.]

Fionax
    Thank You Ruth and Fiona

I think I will stay with my 1.5.0 version and when I do a P&C I will just move my manual feed knob and get my precise cut this way......

Fiona good luck in your exams......

View Gallery

I posted a reply, and it appears to have disappeared.

You can recalibrate more than once, I'm the proof. I was advised that every time you close the software and take a new page, up to the print n cut stage, you can recalibrate. I have just sent some detailed instructions to cats eyes, and redone my calibration test to be sure. Its absolutely perfect now.

My experience was a little extreme given that there were gremlins in the downloads (noted by file size) so I had to remove all the software and reinstall.....not fun. I performed several calibration tests and produced (I think) some of the most gorgeous and delicate print n cut cards to date.

If it works for Susannah (catseyes) then I will post here also, or anyone can PM me if they wish. I do hop others have the success I found (no matter the time it took to get there). Silhouette are over the moon now, and helpfully stayed in touch. Their assurance is that the software, 2.2.0 is stable for CR, Silhouette and Cameo.

Fiona

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by fimcc4168 View Post
    I posted a reply, and it appears to have disappeared.

You can recalibrate more than once, I'm the proof. I was advised that every time you close the software and take a new page, up to the print n cut stage, you can recalibrate. I have just sent some detailed instructions to cats eyes, and redone my calibration test to be sure. Its absolutely perfect now.

My experience was a little extreme given that there were gremlins in the downloads (noted by file size) so I had to remove all the software and reinstall.....not fun. I performed several calibration tests and produced (I think) some of the most gorgeous and delicate print n cut cards to date.

If it works for Susannah (catseyes) then I will post here also, or anyone can PM me if they wish. I do hop others have the success I found (no matter the time it took to get there). Silhouette are over the moon now, and helpfully stayed in touch. Their assurance is that the software, 2.2.0 is stable for CR, Silhouette and Cameo.

Fiona
    If you have the answer to this problem from GAS, it would be nice if you can post the instructions here so it will help others with the same problem.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Dedicated Scrapper christina-jane's Avatar
    View Gallery

Studio 1.92 links don't work now page comes up file not found.
    Christine x

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by christina-jane View Post
    Studio 1.92 links don't work now page comes up file not found.
    Christine x
    That would suggest that 1.9.2 is no longer available to download, but the link for version 2.2 is working.

Dedicated Scrapper christina-jane's Avatar
    View Gallery

Yes the other link worked I just thaught I'd let you know.
    Christinex

View Gallery

Thank you I have removed it.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    If you have the answer to this problem from GAS, it would be nice if you can post the instructions here so it will help others with the same problem.
    Hi Lucille, my instructions were a great success with Catseyes. As Brian has a similar set of instructions, there is no need to post more unless others want it with some graphic pictures included. These can be found under his post of Calibrating the Craft Robo...only if Print and Cut is offset.

Fiona

View Gallery

I already copied Brian's instructions into the Studio tutorial folder they can be found there, once these threads have gone over.