Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I don't know much about the Lite software, but if it has Autotrace, you may be better using the Export Bitmap from Inkscape, then autotracing.

Select the image, from Edit, Export Bitmap, hit the browse button on the dialogue box. Choose where to save the file and add the extension .PNG

You will need to change the file to a JPEG before using in Robo, you can do that in paint, just save as.

Autotraced files cut faster and more smoothly than DXF conversions.

ErikaP

Dedicated Scrapper heather belle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I don't think the Lite does Autotrace, but I'll have a look. Thanks.

I've now done my second title - very proud of myself. Family thinks it looks great too - that is saying something as they don't normally give compliments!

Anyway, got to go now. Playing over and I need to get dressed!!!!!! (Well, it is a Sunday, isn't it?!!!!)

Thanks again.

Heather

View Gallery

The resize and moving sounds OK to me, I find most of mine are inside the cut area.

I'm not sure what you mean about the grid, you can't export the grid from one program to another, doesn't the new RM have a grid you can turn on and off, or have I misunderstood what you are saying

Can't speak for the ellipse without seeing it, can you post a screen shot? Unless you are saying there is a node in the middle, in which case that is quite normal. Will say this though you can easily do an ellipse in RM so it's not worth importing from another program.

Quote Originally Posted by heather belle View Post
    It's a great shame that they didn't listen if more undos have been requested.

OK, I've now got inkscape and saved a very simple dxf file. When I loaded it into the RoboMaster it didn't fall inside the box so I had to zoom out, select it, then resize it and move it inside. I then realised that it doesn't have the grid as a background so "copied and pasted" it into a new Robomaster file. Am I missing something here?

Also, I saved a simple ellipse as a dxf file but when loading it into Robomaster it was like two of them joined together in the middle. What was that all about?

Sorry for all these questions! Hoping someone can help.

Thanks

Heather

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

I'm sure i could use that for something..... frogzone's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by lucylogic View Post
    I am disappointed that they didnt put more undo's on the new software, we have asked for that time and time again. Guess they didnt listen once again
    I have just got design master this week and have used this morning .. i can undo at least 5 times .... maybe more didn't try that many not sure why you cant , but did find 'undo set up' under options , robo set up, undo set up. by increasing the memery devoted to the undo function you can increase the number of 'undo'....

hope this helps.
    Lis

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by frogzone View Post
    I have just got design master this week and have used this morning .. i can undo at least 5 times .... maybe more didn't try that many not sure why you cant , but did find 'undo set up' under options , robo set up, undo set up. by increasing the memery devoted to the undo function you can increase the number of 'undo'....

hope this helps.
    Hi Frogzone - It's the basic RoboMaster software which only has one undo.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    The resize and moving sounds OK to me, I find most of mine are inside the cut area.

I'm not sure what you mean about the grid, you can't export the grid from one program to another, doesn't the new RM have a grid you can turn on and off, or have I misunderstood what you are saying

Can't speak for the ellipse without seeing it, can you post a screen shot? Unless you are saying there is a node in the middle, in which case that is quite normal. Will say this though you can easily do an ellipse in RM so it's not worth importing from another program.
    Hi Lucille

I'll keep going and see whether more actually end up inside...

The grid is there on the RoboMaster software when you are starting fresh but it vanishes if importing a file! I'll see whether I can switch it on and off.

Mmmm? Screen shot?!! That's a bit techie for me!!!! I just did an ellipse as a sort of test - I didn't actually need it so to speak.

Anyway.... off to play some more and then I must get down to some "homework". Sigh.

Thanks for all your help today.

Heather

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    As well as the 'grid' that you can turn on/off via the 'view' menu, the CR lite software also has a 'mesh' . The lines are preset at 2cm intervals (which corresponds with the markings on the carrier mat) You can turn the mesh on/off also via the 'view' menu. You can't alter the 'mesh' settings like you can the 'grid' settings.

That sounds as clear as mud when I read it back.

Janet

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I don't think the Lite does Autotrace, but I'll have a look. Thanks.

Heather
    Heather, it does do autotrace, it's a standard part of the Robo Master software. Look at the green square icon to the left of the weld option.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    The grid and mesh options can be turned on and off via the view option on the top menu bar, and when you open a file the settings used previously for that file are used. If you open a file made with non Lite software, it won't have the mesh settings available to it, so you won't get it, so just turn it on when you need it.

Rosemary

Sorry Janet I didn't see your post!!
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by dozyrosy View Post
    The grid and mesh options can be turned on and off via the view option on the top menu bar, and when you open a file the settings used previously for that file are used. If you open a file made with non Lite software, it won't have the mesh settings available to it, so you won't get it, so just turn it on when you need it.

Rosemary

Sorry Janet I didn't see your post!!

Rosemary, you explained that so much better than I did.

Janet

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by dozyrosy View Post
    Heather, it does do autotrace, it's a standard part of the Robo Master software. Look at the green square icon to the left of the weld option.

Rosemary
    Oh yes it does! I have just followed a tutorial for autotrace and now have a card made with a sailing boat on it (picked it up from clipart and put it in powerpoint first before importing).

How do I change the title of this thread - I feel embarrassed now. It was too early to make a judgement. It's just a steep learning curve.

Thanks again.

Heather

View Gallery

Thanks Janet & Rosemary for the grid advice - I can see that now.

Heather

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

There's nothing to be embarrassed about. I've had a CR for 2 years now and I still often get stuck and need help. Reading other peoples questions often provides that help without me having to ask for it.

View Gallery

I've had robo-monster just over a year now but only started using it about March time. I still get stuck on how I did something when I try to do it again. I think it goes with the territory, lol. Senior moments, trouble is they are getting closer together.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Also, I saved a simple ellipse as a dxf file but when loading it into Robomaster it was like two of them joined together in the middle. What was that all about?

Sorry for all these questions! Hoping someone can help.

Thanks

Heather
    I had the same problem when I first started playing with Inkscape. To prevent getting that strange shape, in Inkscape select the elipse & use option Path > Object to path before saving it as a dxf.