Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

ha ha My first Christmas cards!

Hi everyone,

I have barely posted on this forum... I'm sorry! My life has been so manic these past few months, and now I'm between jobs so it's still busy with me frantically searching for a new one for the New Year!

Anyway, I just HAD to tell you all about these Christmas cards I just made! Partly because they are the first ones I have ever made myself, and also because I did it on a bargain budget and also they were so simple to make!

I popped into one of those Christmas store that open up for a few weeks each year, in order to get some wrapping paper and similar things. I saw a pack of 12 luxury gift tags for £1.29 and bought them along with the wrapping paper, because I figured I could cut the back off them and stick them to the fronts of cards.

The materials I used were as follows:

Some A5 cards I already had (I think they were £8.99 for 50).
    A wrapping paper pack from Tesco for about £1.50 - included plain red and gold tags, gold ribbon, red and gold gift bows, and 12m of paper in 3 different designs.
    Bow embellishments that I already had (they were only £1 anyway!).
    4 packs of other embellishments I found in Woolworths for 99p each, including "Merry Christmas" peel-off stickers that I used for the greetings inside.

With these meagre materials, I made 13 fantastic cards and I still have materials for another 5! I made some other "tags" for the front using the plain gift tags that came with the wrapping paper kit, with some of the Woolworths embellishments stuck to them.

I'm so pleased with them! I have taken lots of pictures but the data cable for my digital camera has gone AWOL! As soon as I find it I'll put the pictures up!

Thanks for listening, and I hope you all have a fab Christmas!

AMETHYST

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    It is fun to make a bunch of cards on a budget.. quite a challenge.
    I will look forward to you finding your camera cable and posting them!
    Have a great Christmas.
    Karen

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    What a good idea - thank you for sharing. Have you found your cable yet? I am looking for inspiration for next year now!
    Lyn

View Gallery

No I still haven't found the stoopid cable! My O/H is currently tidying up the office area so I'm sure we'll locate it soon!

I gave out some of the Christmas cards to relatives the other day, and they couldn't believe I'd made them! It feels so great when people receive them and appreciate them - it's just as much fun as making them!

AMETHYST

View Gallery

I can't post pictures of my cards! It says because I am a new member I can't post links to other sites. Is there any other way I can post the pictures?

Thanks!

AMETHYST

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I think you just have to up your post count a little - I think five is the minimum before posting in the gallery if I remember rightly - you could ask on the general scrapping board as there's always someone there witht the answer !!

View Gallery

Thanks for your help! I'll post a little bit more and then try again!

AMETHYST