Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

writing and cutting text

hi, hope someone can help me but after so many attempts and hair pulling, i was wondering if anyone can explain how i can write a 4 line verse that i can cut in studio, have done a search and downloaded some fonts that people have said are great for cutting and have read the instructions how to weld but i end up with a very long word. its for my son and daughter-in-law that i wanted to do it for, as they have suffered 5 miscarriages and this verse is lovely and wanted to cut it and put in a frame.have checked to see if there is anything i can follow in the studio help instructions you have put on here but cant find anything.

thank you in advance

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I'm not sure what you mean. Are you wanting to cut each word out individually or print the verse put a shape around it and cut around the shape
    Last edited by DJG; 23-10-2014 at 07:09 PM.

View Gallery

i want to write it as the saying rustle is done in the quotes section in templates and put a frame round it and cut it out, hope you understand what i mean,the lines of the poem are all connected in some way.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    If you want to write the verse with your pen option, then you don't need to weld the letters together, just use a script type font, and choose suitable spacing (using the text spacing slider that is towards the bottom of Studio's Text Style window if necessary) to make sure the "tails" on the letters overlap slightly, and the result will look like joined up writing.

Then you need to select your verse to cut and any frame to No Cut , use the pen to write the text, then switch round and set the verse to No Cut and the frame to cut, replace pen with blade and send to cut. Don't move your work or take the carrier out of your machine between operations!!

Alternatively you can do it as a "print and cut" and use this to print your verse. The verse you'll do in exactly the same way as for writing it but set it to No Cut, and the frame to cut. Use the registration marks, send to your printer, send to cut, and your frame will cut around your printed text.

If you actually want to weld and cut out the words to put in a frame, you will need to do this part outside the text option, so after creating your verse, comeout of the te\t selection mode, then select as normal and weld. You'll cut the words and frame in 2 separate operations. For the words, remove the waste backing and use transfer tape to pick them up and transfer to the frame as a unit, which will avoid wonky lines and spacing. I'd suggest that you use a sticky backed card or paper for your words, otherwise you'll need to glue the backs of the words while they're still on the transfer tape.

HTH, Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

thank you will give it a go fingers crossed