Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

DesignMaster multicut issues

You will be pleased to know, after days of pulling my hair out, we have finally found the problem and have a solution to this multi cut issue.

The problem is caused by a certain build of DesignMaster, build 11. If a user has build 11, even if they apply the latest patch, the multicut will not work. The settings are there and eveything looks as though it should work but simply doesn't. Thankfully, this problem only affects build 11, all other builds appear to work fine.

To cure this problem, we will replace the DesignMaster CD of any user who has build 11.

So if you cannot get multicut to work, drop me a email at brianpATgraphtecgb.com (replace AT with @) and I'll advise on how to return your current CD so we can issue a replacement.

Edit: Just to make this clearer; build 11 refers to the pre-updated version of DesignMaster. Once you install the latest update your version will show as build 14. I know that is confusing but basicly if your multicut doesn't work, contact me because chances are your original version is build 11 (shown as v1.1 on the CD case).
    Last edited by BrianP; 21-10-2008 at 01:14 PM.
    Technical Support
    Graphtec GB
    www.graphtecgb.co.uk

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thank you very much for this Brian - my copy of DM is on its way back to you as we speak!!

Your vigilance in tracking down the cause of this problem and the resolution of it does you (and Graphtec) great credit. A big thank you from me!

Sylvia

View Gallery

Thanks Brian for all your help.

Julie

View Gallery

Hi Brian

I bought the original multi-licence version of DesignMaster, it appears not to have a build number on it but it does say Graphtec DesignMaster Web Version 7.1 Revision 1 Copyright 1991 -2007.

I have never been able to update it, can you tell me is this possible? Does this version have the multi-cut issue?

Thanks

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by lucylogic View Post
    Hi Brian

I bought the original multi-licence version of DesignMaster, it appears not to have a build number on it but it does say Graphtec DesignMaster Web Version 7.1 Revision 1 Copyright 1991 -2007.

I have never been able to update it, can you tell me is this possible? Does this version have the multi-cut issue?

Thanks
    To find out if you have build 11. Start DesignMaster, go to the Help menu > About CraftROBO and then hold down the Alt key and press R. A version info window will then appear, your build will be shown at the bottom.

For any users who have multicut problems and think their orignial might have been build 11 but have since installed the update so can't be sure, you would need to un-install and re-install designmaster and then use the method above to see what your original build number was.
    Technical Support
    Graphtec GB
    www.graphtecgb.co.uk

View Gallery

Hi Thank you for the info, i have emailed you for further details.

Sammy37

View Gallery

Wow Brian, now I'm totally confused!!!

After your instructions I have now found out it is

Major version: 7
    Minor version:1
    Build 14

And now its all gone over my head, any chance of an English translation?

Thanks

View Gallery

I emailed Brian over the weekend, but he is away on holiday this week, but one of his colleagues emailed me back and I am sending my copy of DM and they are exchanging it, Thank you Graphtec

View Gallery

I've sent mine back too, when I re-installed it it was build 11. Just waiting for the replacement now.

View Gallery

I have got back to work today and I'm working my way through the returned disks.

I'll be sending out the replacements today for the disks I have received.

@ lucylogic: From the info given it is hard to tell which version you have, as the update being applied confuses things. I guess the easiest thing is to ask if you multicut works? If not then contact me at my email above and I sort out a replacement CD.
    Technical Support
    Graphtec GB
    www.graphtecgb.co.uk

View Gallery

OK, thanks Brian, will have a go tomorrow and see if it works ................... that's if I can remember where the heck the setting is of course It's been that long since I used that program.

Happy Scrapper - Professional Thread Killer lesleyuk's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Hi Brian
    I have build 11 but at the moment I can't remember where the flipping disk is.
    I will try and find it over the weekend and send it next week.

(mind you I don't use multicut so its not a huge problem LOL)

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I'd just like to say that I received my replacement DM disk a while ago, but have only just installed it. Before attempting to reinstall I read through previous threads on the subject as I was aware that some people had problems with the registration aspect of things and got locked out of the software. Thankfully I was able to reinstall without having to resort to Graphtec.

I must say I do like the multicut option and get a much better, cleaner cut now. Big thanks to Brian for sorting this problem out - I'm well impressed.

Sylvia x

View Gallery

Big thankyou to Brian i posted my cd on tuesday and the replacment arrived yesterday.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Many Thanks Brian, mine arrived yesterday too. Great service!