Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Pippa, I have been so saddened for you and the dealings you have had over your machine.

Do you have a Department of Fair Trading or Consumer Affairs or equivalent? It would seem well and truly past time for a consultation with a government department with some clout. That's why you pay taxes. Is your local member close by?

This is not what crafting should be about.
    Last edited by scrappyJan; 06-08-2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Correcting iPad predictive text. Sorry Pippa!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thankyou for advice have sought further instruction have sent a letter to the company being told what to say , I am awaiting his reply but I don`t think it will be positive Pippa. X

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    Quote Originally Posted by pippa View Post
    Thankyou for advice have sought further instruction have sent a letter to the company being told what to say , I am awaiting his reply but I don`t think it will be positive Pippa. X
    If CAB and Trading standards tell you a refund should be given what possible reason can he come up with to deny you ?
    The law is the law but even so - a retailer hoping to push their new product ?? for goodness sake how much more bad publicity does he want ??

I feel for wnher01 - had to drive 140 miles to have her machine exchanged as it was defective and too scared to ask for a refund. And then sold her the spray and the plate - didnt throw them in for free for the inconvenience - !!
    Customer service at it's very best - NOT !

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    So far I am happy with my machine,takes all Dies,Embossing Folders and Stencils.
    All new products have their teething problems

Happy Customer

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I am glad you are having success with your machine that is how it should be, perhaps if I could have done a 300mile round trip and met the gentleman face to face things may have been different I agree all new things have teething troubles but it is how the situation is handled that shows the character of a person and just going of personal experience with this gentleman I am not very impressed Pippa. X

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

The fact that the machine doesnt do all it claimed when you first purchased it should be grounds for a refund Pippa. Trading Standards should certainly take a look at this thread and his blog.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by GeniezDezignz View Post
    So far I am happy with my machine,takes all Dies,Embossing Folders and Stencils.
    All new products have their teething problems

Happy Customer
    I agree that all new products have teething problems but it is the way that these problems are dealt with that shows the true colours of a company and it is on that basis that I always choose whether or not I deal with a company again

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Fully agree with that and I think this company have certainly shown their true colours Pippa. X

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    I've just read that the 7 day ruling (where you can cancel your order and get a full refund) is being increased to 14 days. Great news for us internet shoppers

What I find interesting is that if I ever google anything craft related it's almost guaranteed that a UKS thread will come up on the first page of results, even threads that are three or four years old. Yesterday I wanted to find out about a Fiskars stamp press, yep a UKS thread from two years ago was on that first page of googling.

If someone wants to buy a certain machine and they use google to check out reviews it is more than likely they are going to come across this thread, it would be nice if it had a happy ending.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

It is good news about the increase from 7 to 14 days with the length of time for postage etc 7days is not long enough, it is also good that there are sights such as this so that people can give their honest opinions about goods they have purchased Pippa. X

View Gallery

yes - if you google jus cutz on the first page you get the retailer site -and the three UKS threads - so as most craft buyers like to check forums for info - guess they will all be reading these threads for years to come....

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Well let`s hope it will stop someone else from having to go through this Pippa. X

Determined to reduce the stash and photo pile arimum_123's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Because of the weight if you do return it consider using a courier - it should be much cheaper.

I wonder if trading standards could run an independent test? Other is to consider one of the rip off Britain/ watchdog type shows - the paper local to the store is the chad (Mansfield) or the evening post ( Nottingham). The post used to do their own watchdog style expose - might be worth the cost of a phone call

Louise x
    Die-cut swap. Washi tape swap.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

So Sorry to hear it does sound as though you have the same problems as I am having, I sent mine back by courier it cost me £11.61 and still awaiting a reply from the company with regard to a refund, the more people that tell of problems with the machine it may help in are getting a refund, and I could bet you a pound to a penny you will be told( if you return it) that there is absolutely nothing wrong with your machine and he will prove it by showing other costumers in the shop do hope you have better luck than me pippa. X

View Gallery

check out www.parcelmonkey.com for cheap couriers as well - think up to 10k is £6.99 plus vat - £8.38, and judging by the treatment Pippa enjoyed with this shop you need to save every penny !
    Having a feeling of deja vu ! poor Pippa still not received a refund - how many weeks now without your money in the bank - and now AndyPandy starting down the same route.
    I would be checking out the small claims court - very easy procedure - you can do it on line.