Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)

Arrow 2015 Card Challenge - January

Welcome to the new card challenge for 2015!

I thought it'd be a good idea to get the info posted before we kick off with the first prompt tomorrow.

I wanted to create a challenge for 2015 that took my favourite aspects of the 52 Cards challenge but set a much more sedate pace for those who wanted to take part. Instead of following a weekly prompt this is how it's going to work:

• On the 1st of the month, I'll share 3 Pinterest prompts on my blog here.
    • The 3 prompts will be: a sketch, a colour prompt, and a Pinspiration prompt.

Sketch prompt: duplicate the look of the sketch exactly or use it as a jumping off point to your card design.
    Colour prompt: focus on the main colours in the image/colour palette or try and replicate the shades as best you can. Feature at least one or two of the colours in the prompt.
    Pinspiration prompt: this prompt is simply an image with elements that could be interpreted in a card, e.g., design elements, colours, words, patterns, objects... so many possibilities!
    • You can create a separate card for each of the 3 prompts, just focus on one prompt, combine all the prompts to create one card, whatever you fancy!
    • How many cards you make is totally up to you. You could even create a Christmas card each month based on the same prompts if you want to keep ahead of the game.
    • All prompts past and present for this challenge can be found on my blog and you can find them easily by clicking on the 2015 card challenge tag in the tag cloud in the left-hand column on my blog. I will also try and attach prompts to the first post of each monthly thread.
    • You can share your cards in the dedicated thread here in the card forum, alternatively link them up on my blog - just add a comment to the relevant monthly prompt post. Check Coles Specials and Big W Catalogue.
    • What if you don't have time to start now or play along every month? No problem! Just dive in and out of the challenge when you feel like it. Do as much as you want or as little. It's always lovely to have lots of people sharing their makes, but real life doesn't always allow for crafty time!

So that's hopefully everything covered, but if you have any questions just let me know!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mystik Nat; 02-01-2015 at 09:21 PM.

~ Natty ~

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Just one question - is it ok to combine this challenge with other challenges?
    My Blog
    Mixed Media ATC Swap
    Mixed Media ATC Swap 2

View Gallery

Of course, as long as it's clear that you've used one of the prompts as inspiration I can't see why not.

~ Natty ~

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks.
    My Blog
    Mixed Media ATC Swap
    Mixed Media ATC Swap 2

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Happy New Year!

So this looks interesting Nat. I have three birthdays coming up shortly, hopefully there will be something that gets my imagination working from the prompts. Even one design to send to all three would do!

Have caught a bug! Scrapping! Allyj50's Avatar
    1 mile from EastLancs A580 Golborne island between Manchester and Liverpool
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (49)
    I really like the idea of the 3 prompts .. Not sure I can do colours though as I prefer to do black n white stamping, but may give it a go if I have the time!
    I'm not a card maker originally, but do prefer handmade cards. Can't remember when I last bought one. I make them for my guides' birthday too. But like the idea of making Xmas cards as I simply ran out of time last year n decided I needed to start in the summer - but this would be ideal for me.

I also like the idea of dipping n diving n I may well do that so not to put pressure on myself !
    aLLy x
    Glitterbugs Team Member Blue Brads House
    Back after a 2 year break for PL info

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Thanks ,great inspirations. I shall get my thinking cap on. I am definitely going to do Christmas cards too, need to get started early this year !
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Hopefully I will be able to keep up with this much better than I did last year - looking forward to joining in x
    Karen
    My Blog

My soul is fed by crafting. thriftycrafter's Avatar
    View Gallery

Was thinking I need to join in with this again, I keep trying to give up card making in order to get more scrapping done, but I have so much cardmaking stuff and certain people expect handmade cards now. Thanks for getting it all together for us Nat.

View Gallery

I've updated the main post with the prompts for January! Happy crafting ladies!

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    oh this looks fab. I didn't made many cards in 2014, but have enjoyed lurking in the threads and dropping in 1-2 times throughout the year. Thanks to all who did participate and post their fabby creations.

I hope I may be able to make more cards this year, but will definitely need the prompts to help!

thanks Nat for both the 52 cards challenges you've done for that past few years and for taking on this challenge this year! looking forward to it

Dedicated Scrapper SilverTiger2's Avatar
    View Gallery

Thank you, Nat, that looks great !

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I havent made any cards for a very long time so might just bob in and do one of these a month if I can

View Gallery

Great to see all the interest in this year's challenge.

In addition to last week's card...

...I managed one for the colour prompt too.

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    lovely cards Nat.
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022