Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I love your layout. My aunt goes to a 40s weekend up at Pickering Every year... It's on the 11th October this year if memory serves, you'll probably get a cart load of stuff there.
    I love the music of that era, and also I think of spy's, Bletchley Park and Enigma... Morse code and hidden pockets with code words would be great to hunt around your album for.
    Ooh... Violet.... What's her name?... "The life that I have," was her code. A very brave woman.
    Best of British with your album and I'm sure it will look wonderful!

View Gallery

What about Utility furniture , clothing etc. Everything had a little symbol stamped on it, rather like two circles (I think they had bits cut out of them). Treadle sewing machines, Gas cookers, mincing machines that clamped onto the table, cast iron Irons you heated on the cooker or range, wash boards with corrugated glass to rub the clothes on, mangles with big wooden rollers.
    . Rag and Bone men with their horses and carts. We played with trollies made from orange boxes and old pram wheels, skipping ropes, hop scotch.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)

spy

Quote Originally Posted by Damkina View Post
    I love your layout. My aunt goes to a 40s weekend up at Pickering Every year... It's on the 11th October this year if memory serves, you'll probably get a cart load of stuff there.
    I love the music of that era, and also I think of spy's, Bletchley Park and Enigma... Morse code and hidden pockets with code words would be great to hunt around your album for.
    Ooh... Violet.... What's her name?... "The life that I have," was her code. A very brave woman.
    Best of British with your album and I'm sure it will look wonderful!
    I think that you are thinking of VIOLETTE SZABO, the French / British
    WW11 spy...

View Gallery

Thank you, RED HEAD, she is definitely the woman I was thinking of

View Gallery

I typed a whole lot of ideas last night but it isn't here, so I have no idea what I did wrong. What about the little symbol that was on all the utility furniture? it was like two circles with bits cut out (sorry I'm not describing it very well). Then I have kitchen memories, like the old ranges and later the terrible gas cooker - mincing machines - cast iron Irons - mangles with the big, heavy, wooden rollers.

Rag and bone men with their horses and carts, trolly buses with all the overhead cables and talking about trollies, mine was made from an orange box and old pram wheels, lined with an offcut of carpet, and Dad put a brake on it! What luxury.

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys and memory keeper/scrapbooker Mrs Cheshire's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    lacelady you post is 3 posts up!
    Dawn
    Team Leader My Blog
    July Points Slo7, DLO, Weekly Challenges wk1= wk2= wk3= wk4= Hc= Mini books= Total

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Lacelady, wasn't that mark on furniture called Utillity.? I think it was made very
    simply with the bare minimum of decorations, to save wood.
    I remember the old mangles. Mom had one in the back yard, which she used come
    Rain, shine or snow!!

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Yes, we still have some Utility furniture in our house, a set of drawers that I had as a child that came from my Dad's house, and a wardrobe that we picked up 2nd hand, OH revamped it and it looks good as new!
    Make do and mend themes, repairing rather than chucking out. Also I picked up a memorabilia pack at a museum full of repro WW2 artefact, cigarette cards etc, I used them on a LO I made about my Dad's experience of being evacuated during the war as we had no photos.

The page is here.
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7