Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Make EVERY day your new blank canvas cantstopstampin's Avatar
    No longer in my little village, still in Staffs, but I AM happy !
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)

do you know of a product ........

that you can spray over, say a stamped image that will make it sparkle but not sparkle like glitter - just sparkle like frost, don't really know how to explain myself.

I already have the spray and shine or spray and sparkle crafters companions - in gold and iridescent - but they're like a glitter effect.

I just want a layer of sparkle as if I've left it out in the garden and the frost has covered it, IYKWIM

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    What about a white glimmer mist? It seems they're a little out of fashion now there are so many other options, but that Tattered Angels product does have a lovely shine/glimmer!

Dedicated Scrapper SilverTiger2's Avatar
    View Gallery

I have seen Debbi Moore using something like that - I believe it is called 'Print magic'.

View Gallery

Perfect pearls comes in a spray bottle and also gives a shimmery finish like glimmermist. If you have any perfect pearls powder in a jar, you can add some to water and a spray bottle you have at home and spray it over your project without having to specifically buy the mist version.
    Angela

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Print Magic is a superfine embossing powder that you can use to emboss an image you have printed with your printer - to be honest, some printers you can do that with normal ultrafine/detail embossing powder, although you may have to mess with the timing (ie how long the ink stays wet)

It sounds to me like the mica spray is what you want. There is a gold paint that you can mix with alcohol and spray that give a lovely soft very light shimmer. It comes in tiny little pots, I think SU sells it (Cal or Leanie will know) but I forget the name.

The Packaging Queen!
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    There is Sugar Dust or iridescent Glamour Dust but they are powders rather than sprays. We have some here
    Jill

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    You need a shimmer spray. I usually make my own with perfect pearls (mica powder would do) and water in a spray bottle. You could also try a shimmery eyeshadow brushed over and set with cheap hairspray (just spray into the air and waft the card/paper through). Also Tsukineko make a sheer Shimmer Spritz in sparkle which is pretty good.