Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Thread: Cutting mat

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Cutting mat

Hi!

I'm thinking of what I want for my birthday and I think a large 12 x 12 cutting mat would be useful. Can anyone advise as to which one? Is the wrmk one any good? I'd rather have a scrappers one rather than an art one as I like the inches.

Thanks for your help

Helen
    Raising money to find a cure for FOP Registered Charity in England and Wales 1147704
    http://www.friendsofoliver.com

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    You can get big (A2 sized) self-healing cutting mats in The Works at the moment!

However, I recently treated myself to a nice large glass cutting mat, the Tonic Studios one, which has card sizes and matting sizes on. I bought it from a sponsor - errrm, which one slips my mind ....
    Eileen

Make EVERY day your new blank canvas cantstopstampin's Avatar
    No longer in my little village, still in Staffs, but I AM happy !
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    I bought a large green A2 self healing cutting mat to tidy my desk from the auction site - it was only about a fiver plus p&p = it's good

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I love my XCUT one. I've had it 3 years now and I still haven't turned it over and it has all the measurements etc on the other side too. Very good value... Around £12 from Hobbycraft when I first started scrapping!

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I would definitely go for a glass one, I also have had an XCut one for ages , I think EK Sucess do one that is slightly bigger.
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7

View Gallery

I like the tonic studio glass mat which is very easy to keep clean.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I bought the Basic Grey magnetic mat some years ago, complete with holding magnets for projects and a magnetic ruler. I use it a lot, especially as it has a 12x12 inch grid on it. I don't know if you can still get it but it if you are interested it could be worth asking on Shop Till You Drop.

Pat

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Another vote for the Tonic glass mat. I have had mine for ages, and it still looks like new. I use it for all sorts of messy things and just wipe over with a baby wipe to clean up afterwards.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    I have the WRMK one, bought as a kit from QVC some years ago. I like the fact that it's magnetic - it means my metal ruler stays firmly in place when cutting and I can make sure any card/ embellishments etc are in exactly the right spot before adhering even if I've left them for hours.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I have a glass mat which I use all the time.....can't remember which one. I wouldn't go back to a self healing mat now

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    X-cut glass mat for me. I only swapped recently but would not go back to a self healing one x

View Gallery

Well, I read all your replies (thank you people!!!) and looked into what you'd said which got me thinking....and then I had a vague recollection so looked under my bed and found the pile of gorgeous stash I bought when I was in Florida in February and just haven't had time to look at. And there, brand new unopened....... is a Martha Stewart Cutting mat!

I don't dare tell my DH that I have so much stuff I really don't know what I have lol!

Now I'm looking forward to going through it all over again, it'll be like shopping without the spending!

Thanks for all your suggestions Ladies....now I need suggestions as to how to organise my time better to make time for scrapping!
    Raising money to find a cure for FOP Registered Charity in England and Wales 1147704
    http://www.friendsofoliver.com