UKScrappers satisfies where art is unavailable.
 
 
 


never a dull moment

by dawn inskip

Hand Hearts

by Wear Crafts

October - Its all about the location

by PinkSparklyScrapper

Zest for Life

by Mary Buttons

Why?

by Wear Crafts


Go Back   UKScrappers > Special Forums > CraftROBO Silhouette and Cameo > Craft Robo Chat

Notices

Craft Robo Chat DO NOT post templates for download in this section. DO NOT post any template, here or in the templates forum, that you did not create yourself.

Hey Little Magpie

Reply Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
Lucille
Dedicated Scrapper
 
Lucille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Here and there
Posts: 12,453
Trader Rating: (0)
Deep Cut - What does it do

If you access the commands on the Cameo Control Panel you will see a command called "Deep Cut" after experimenting I couldn't see what difference it actually made, so I wrote to GAS and this was their reply.

QUOTE - It is a feature which enables a “tangential mode” of cutting. This is a method of cutting for some thicker material types where the blade lifts between corners and then resumes after lifting rather than making a continuous cut throughout the line set. It does not press down harder, double-cut, or otherwise provide more force for the cutting process. It simply is a method of how the Silhouette goes through the cutting process. It is not presently included in the software as we found in testing that this had caused too much confusion for users. Unfortunately, it could not be removed from the actual firmware of the cutting unit and so still appears in the menu options of the LCD screen when cutting from an SD card.
__________________


Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"
Lucille is offline Click for members Gallery   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
Neries
Dedicated Scrapper
 
Neries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Wales
Posts: 1,103
Trader Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
If you access the commands on the Cameo Control Panel you will see a command called "Deep Cut" after experimenting I couldn't see what difference it actually made, so I wrote to GAS and this was their reply.

QUOTE - It is a feature which enables a “tangential mode” of cutting. This is a method of cutting for some thicker material types where the blade lifts between corners and then resumes after lifting rather than making a continuous cut throughout the line set. It does not press down harder, double-cut, or otherwise provide more force for the cutting process. It simply is a method of how the Silhouette goes through the cutting process. It is not presently included in the software as we found in testing that this had caused too much confusion for users. Unfortunately, it could not be removed from the actual firmware of the cutting unit and so still appears in the menu options of the LCD screen when cutting from an SD card.
Thanks Lucille for finding out for us.

I tried it and not really sure it makes much difference. It does make a lot of taping noises as the blade lifts on intricate parts.
Neries is offline Click for members Gallery   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
Lucille
Threadstarter
Dedicated Scrapper
 
Lucille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Here and there
Posts: 12,453
Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neries View Post
Thanks Lucille for finding out for us.

I tried it and not really sure it makes much difference. It does make a lot of taping noises as the blade lifts on intricate parts.
If the blade is going up and down a lot, see if has lots of open ends and close them if that's possible, I know with some designs certain ends can't be closed, but it will reduce the amount the blade has to go up and down, which I don't think is a good thing. When I was changing the screen shots, I did add Studio versions of some files where the GSD's needed a lot of closing, but I didn't feel right about doing all the files.
__________________


Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"
Lucille is offline Click for members Gallery   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
Neries
Dedicated Scrapper
 
Neries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Wales
Posts: 1,103
Trader Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
If the blade is going up and down a lot, see if has lots of open ends and close them if that's possible, I know with some designs certain ends can't be closed, but it will reduce the amount the blade has to go up and down, which I don't think is a good thing. When I was changing the screen shots, I did add Studio versions of some files where the GSD's needed a lot of closing, but I didn't feel right about doing all the files.
Mine was on a newly traced 'print & cut' from a CD, so no open ends. Changed the setting back to default 'off' as I don't like hearing my Cameo doing all those taps.
Neries is offline Click for members Gallery   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 10:04 PM   #5
dozyrosy
Dedicated Scrapper
 
dozyrosy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Berkshire
Posts: 8,255
Trader Rating: (24)
Tangetial cutting is/was a menu option in the Robo Pro control panel. It's a long time ago now but I was advised to try it when I had problems with the blade not cutting cleanly when making very fast, sharp/tight turns. As far as I can remember the blade was lifted to aid the swivel in this situation - it stopped the blade dragging and tearing the card.

Rosemary

PS I had the same misgiving about repeated ups and downs, but I came to the conclusion that if it was a standard menu option on their (semi) professional cutters, it must have been OK.
__________________
"The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

dozyrosy is offline Click for members Gallery   Reply With Quote
Reply Reply

Bookmarks

Memory Keepsakes

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Foil Play Crafts U Love Cre8tive Online A Sprinkle of Imagination The Craftz Boutique
Bellaboo A Trip Down Memory Lane PaperMaze Craft Obsessions Graphtec
Kalulu

Click HERE for additional Sponsors


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2003 - 2015, UKScrappers Ltd.
Registered in England and Wales. Company No. 5230732

Top 50 Scrappers
Home
What is Scrapbooking?
Search
Scrap Musings
The Library
Inspiration and Challenges
Font of the Week
Contact Us

Hey little Magpie

Latest Group Posts
Golborne Scrappers
2015! March Crop, Saturday 28th?
by Pink Marigold
Today 01:07 AM Go to last post
Declutter Your Home
Let's get decluttering 2015
by Viv1
Yesterday 10:45 PM Go to last post
The Classy Crafters
Chat thread
by Crafty Lady
Yesterday 09:35 PM Go to last post
Blue Brads May SG!!
2014 Glitterbugs Retreat Jigsaw
by Viv1
Yesterday 04:20 PM Go to last post
The ALLSORTS !
Allsorts chat - !
by alison 2
Yesterday 03:57 PM Go to last post
*** Cuttlebug Chat ***
Is anyone around?
by irboo
05-03-2015 11:52 PM Go to last post
View All Groups