If You Really Want To Know, Look In UKScrappers.

Twinkling

by Mary Buttons

All Aboard

by scrapdolly

creative

by dawn inskip

No technophobe!

by Suky

Singing in the Choir

by Mary Buttons

Go Back   UKScrappers > Special Forums > CraftROBO Silhouette and Cameo > Craft Robo Chat

Notices

Craft Robo Chat DO NOT post templates for download in this section. DO NOT post any template, here or in the templates forum, that you did not create yourself.

Hey Little Magpie

Reply Reply

Old 23-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
Lucille
Dedicated Scrapper

Trader Rating: (0)
Deep Cut - What does it do

If you access the commands on the Cameo Control Panel you will see a command called "Deep Cut" after experimenting I couldn't see what difference it actually made, so I wrote to GAS and this was their reply.

QUOTE - It is a feature which enables a “tangential mode” of cutting. This is a method of cutting for some thicker material types where the blade lifts between corners and then resumes after lifting rather than making a continuous cut throughout the line set. It does not press down harder, double-cut, or otherwise provide more force for the cutting process. It simply is a method of how the Silhouette goes through the cutting process. It is not presently included in the software as we found in testing that this had caused too much confusion for users. Unfortunately, it could not be removed from the actual firmware of the cutting unit and so still appears in the menu options of the LCD screen when cutting from an SD card.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"
Lucille is offline Click for members Gallery   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
Neries
Dedicated Scrapper

Trader Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
If you access the commands on the Cameo Control Panel you will see a command called "Deep Cut" after experimenting I couldn't see what difference it actually made, so I wrote to GAS and this was their reply.

QUOTE - It is a feature which enables a “tangential mode” of cutting. This is a method of cutting for some thicker material types where the blade lifts between corners and then resumes after lifting rather than making a continuous cut throughout the line set. It does not press down harder, double-cut, or otherwise provide more force for the cutting process. It simply is a method of how the Silhouette goes through the cutting process. It is not presently included in the software as we found in testing that this had caused too much confusion for users. Unfortunately, it could not be removed from the actual firmware of the cutting unit and so still appears in the menu options of the LCD screen when cutting from an SD card.
Thanks Lucille for finding out for us.

I tried it and not really sure it makes much difference. It does make a lot of taping noises as the blade lifts on intricate parts.
Neries is offline Click for members Gallery   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
Lucille
Threadstarter
Dedicated Scrapper

Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neries View Post
Thanks Lucille for finding out for us.

I tried it and not really sure it makes much difference. It does make a lot of taping noises as the blade lifts on intricate parts.
If the blade is going up and down a lot, see if has lots of open ends and close them if that's possible, I know with some designs certain ends can't be closed, but it will reduce the amount the blade has to go up and down, which I don't think is a good thing. When I was changing the screen shots, I did add Studio versions of some files where the GSD's needed a lot of closing, but I didn't feel right about doing all the files.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"
Lucille is offline Click for members Gallery   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
Neries
Dedicated Scrapper

Trader Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
If the blade is going up and down a lot, see if has lots of open ends and close them if that's possible, I know with some designs certain ends can't be closed, but it will reduce the amount the blade has to go up and down, which I don't think is a good thing. When I was changing the screen shots, I did add Studio versions of some files where the GSD's needed a lot of closing, but I didn't feel right about doing all the files.
Mine was on a newly traced 'print & cut' from a CD, so no open ends. Changed the setting back to default 'off' as I don't like hearing my Cameo doing all those taps.
Neries is offline Click for members Gallery   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 10:04 PM   #5
dozyrosy
Dedicated Scrapper

Trader Rating: (24)
Tangetial cutting is/was a menu option in the Robo Pro control panel. It's a long time ago now but I was advised to try it when I had problems with the blade not cutting cleanly when making very fast, sharp/tight turns. As far as I can remember the blade was lifted to aid the swivel in this situation - it stopped the blade dragging and tearing the card.

Rosemary

PS I had the same misgiving about repeated ups and downs, but I came to the conclusion that if it was a standard menu option on their (semi) professional cutters, it must have been OK.

dozyrosy is offline Click for members Gallery   Reply With Quote
Reply Reply