Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

corner chomper problems

One of my Christmas presents was a corner chomper I ordered it from a sponsor for hubby to give me (as you do)

Anyway, what with spending Christmas and Boxing Day visiting dad in hospital and then a family member dying the day after as you can imagine crafting hasn't been top of my list of 'to do' things.

I've now tried the chomper and one side works well enough but the other side is out and doesn't round properly. I kept thinking it was my fault or that the paper wasn't square at the corner but it just seems to cut badly on one side. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with their corner chomper and is it too late to mention it to the sponsor do you think?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (67)
    I did for a while, and just cut out a few foil corners to help sharpen it ... if its not right after that, ask for a replacement x

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I'll try that but it doesn't seem to need sharpening it's just that one side isn't cutting properly so you get a rounded corner on one side and one that starts rounded and then has a jagged edge.

Unfortunately I've already thrown away the packaging. Mind you, by the time you've got those things out of the packaging it's pretty much destroyed.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (67)
    Thats true - but I'm sure the sponsor will replace it happily for you if its not punching right !

Loves playing with Studio BathBelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

I also have a problem with my Corner Chomper. One size is ok but the other size 'cuts in' on one side, ie it is not aligned properly so I then have to try and trim with scissors. But as I bought them from a shop on my travels I never took it back and it's been consigned to the pile of useless craft stuff in my wardrobe.

Ruth

Stampin, scrappin, craftin addict! Alipeeps's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie.A View Post
    I'll try that but it doesn't seem to need sharpening it's just that one side isn't cutting properly so you get a rounded corner on one side and one that starts rounded and then has a jagged edge.

Unfortunately I've already thrown away the packaging. Mind you, by the time you've got those things out of the packaging it's pretty much destroyed.
    If it's faulty - which would seem to be the case from what you describe - then you are entitled to a repair, refund or replacement, regardless of whether you've kept the packaging etc.
    The Crop Circle team - Green Buttons House
    Art Journal CJ
    My Craft Blog: Alipeeps' Art

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by BathBelle View Post
    I also have a problem with my Corner Chomper. One size is ok but the other size 'cuts in' on one side, ie it is not aligned properly so I then have to try and trim with scissors. But as I bought them from a shop on my travels I never took it back and it's been consigned to the pile of useless craft stuff in my wardrobe.

Ruth
    Ruth, that is exactly what mine is doing. I keep thinking that the paper isn't a true square so I've tried it on a 12x12 scrapbook paper but it still cuts in just as you described.

As you said Ali if it's faulty it should be replaced. I'll contact the sponsor, I'm sure they will be fine about it.

View Gallery

I bought a corner chomper from a sponsor and it didn't cut cleanly. I'd tried cutting foil but it didn't help so the sponsor gave me a refund :-) at least if you've bought it online they'll have a record of the sale. Good luck!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    I don't have a corner chomper Susie but I do have an ordinary corner punch. I had this happening for weeks after I had mine ( many moons ago now) until one day I fed the paper into the punch when it was upside down for some unknown reason and realized that what I thought was correct alignment of the paper wasn't, it was just that tiny bit out. Try turning the punch over and see if the cardstock/paper is actually aligned into the corner properly.
    Just a suggestion but it might save you the trouble of sending it back.
    Gwyneth

Blog